Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: excel lookup column name variable by -nth- @ Today at 04:49 PM

Have you been able to run a debug session? In debug step through the tasks up until the database task. Step just past the database task and then hit the "view as text" button on the debug menu. A notepad file will open with the XML in it.
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: excel lookup column name variable by zhenev @ Today at 04:42 PM

Can you help me to generate a sample xml file from DB output? When I try to choose the data it asks for the sample data... Thank you, Vladimir
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: excel lookup column name variable by -nth- @ Today at 03:46 PM

You'll need to first create your variable so it's available in the process. Then in the Set job info/variables task click the plus sign and the choose your variable name on the left hand side. On the right hand side, right click and choose get data l
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: excel lookup column name variable by zhenev @ Today at 03:38 PM

Hi Nate, That's exactly my problem - could not find how to link a variable to the element from DB output... Vladimir
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: excel lookup column name variable by -nth- @ Today at 03:22 PM

Yep, go ahead and use the PlanetPress database plugin. As your output choose one of the types (I usually choose XML). Then right after your database plugin task add an Set job info/variables task. In that task add your variable and link it to the XM
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: excel lookup column name variable by zhenev @ Today at 02:58 PM

Hi Nate, Could you please help a bit on this configuration - should I use PlanetPress Database action and how to pass query results to the variable? Thank you very much, Vladimir
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Re: Any Presstalk whizzes?? by Neil KMC @ Today at 12:13 PM

Thanks for that I think I get it now
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: Difference PlanetPress Image and Digital Action by Philippe F. @ Today at 11:56 AM

It might just be the splitting method you use that generates extra, empty records. Why use XSLT when you can use the standard XML Splitter? Also, look at your Workflow logs as these will help you determine how many data files are being processed (i.
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: Alambic text extract windows 10 by CSP @ Today at 11:48 AM

Make sure that the fonts used in the old PC are installed on new one.
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Re: Any Presstalk whizzes?? by CSP @ Today at 11:41 AM

Hi Neil, This example can help you: define(&line,string,'Beef Burger with Peppercorn Sauce|Jacket Potatoes filled with Lentils & Savoury Tomato Rice|Roast Potatoes') &line := &line + '|' search(&line,'|') BeginParagraph(0.0000,
Graphics and Designing
Jump to new posts DUPLEX PRINTING WITH PDF FILE AS BACKPAGE by mar_s_i @ Today at 11:28 AM

hi. is there a way to control the page number of a pdf? i will be printing a personalized letter on the front, and the backpage will come from the pdf. (the order of pdf (customer supplied) pages are the same as my data source. i.e. record# = 1000,
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Re: Any Presstalk whizzes?? by Neil KMC @ Today at 11:06 AM

Maybe I've misunderstood but I'm not sure if those would work. Here's a bit more info if it helps - my data is a list of menu items and looks something like this: Beef Burger with Peppercorn Sauce|Jacket Potatoes filled with Lentils & Savoury To
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Re: Any Presstalk whizzes?? by Jeff_K @ Today at 08:12 AM

1) If you do not want to alter line lengths, you could use POSistion to locate the Pipe and move that amount of characters, CRLF(), the repeat. 2) If you don't mind changing line lengths, REPLACE the CRLF's with a space character, then use Begin/E
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Re: Any Presstalk whizzes?? by Neil KMC @ Today at 08:04 AM

The data has crlf's (had to find/replace pipes to get it to split the lines). &s :=stringreplace(XmlGet('/fields[1]/Week1-Wednesday[1]'),'\015\012','|') The notes seem to suggest this would this make it incompatible with BEGINPARAGRAPH/ENDPARAG
PlanetPress Workflow
I'm not the one creating the documents, but my colleague who does is convinced that in the two cases where the empty pdf is created there is no output at all. In case you want to check for yourself I've put the design on my dropbox: https://www.dropb
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Re: Any Presstalk whizzes?? by Jeff_K @ Today at 07:21 AM

To wordwrap text automatically, please look to the use of BEGINPARAGRAPH / ENDPARAGRAPH. More details here: http://help.objectiflune.com/en/planetpress-design-user-guide/7.6/Default_CSH.html#/2928.html
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Any Presstalk whizzes?? by Neil KMC @ Today at 07:12 AM

I need to extract data from a PDF form (as XML), to use in PP Design. I've got it working to the point where the data is on the page and it looks pretty good, except that I can't get a line to split if it's too long to fit on the page. It just runs
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: Difference PlanetPress Image and Digital Action by Philippe F. @ Today at 07:06 AM

I think I know what's happening and it's due to a subtle difference between the Digital Action and Digital Image. I believe both tasks generate the exact same number of PDF's. However, Digital Image, after creating a PDF, checks whether or not it is
PlanetPress Workflow
At this moment it's just a test flow and it goes like this: 1 Folder Capture 2 Comment 3 Open XSLT (splitting the xml based on invoice id) 4 Folder Capture 5 Branch 6 PlanetPress Image (saving any generated letters in output folder 1) 7 Branch 8 Dig