Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: checking if a file exists by nioe @ 23 minutes 51 seconds ago

ok, thanks - i will try this I assume 1 would be TRUE and 0 would be false?
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: checking if a file exists by MartinS @ Today at 05:57 AM

That's quite simple to achieve with VBscript in a Script Condtion, e.g.: DIM fso Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") If (fso.FileExists("C:\temp\any.txt")) Then Script.ReturnValue = 1 Else Script.ReturnValue
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts checking if a file exists by nioe @ Today at 05:05 AM

Hi, Unfortunatley my VBscripting skills is not the best. I basically need to check if a file exists in a folder. If it does, continue with workflow, if not, throw an error. Is there a custom add in that will achieve this - I am sure that I read o
Expressions, Functions and Databases
Jump to new posts Wholesale Jerseys Outlet7j by pqrstu248523 @ 04/22/17 02:07 AM

There are databases of the coupon codes available on the site so that you can use it as per your need. It will only entice air bubbles inside of the mascara bottle. It will only entice air bubbles inside of the mascara bottle.9hp peak performance. Th
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: passing variables from workflow to a form by Nick_K @ 04/20/17 02:49 PM

Thanks for all the replies, I was able to use the ExpandString function to grab the values from the global variables I set in PlanetPress watch and place them on the form as needed. Thanks again!
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: passing variables from workflow to a form by Philippe F. @ 04/20/17 02:21 PM

@J-C, your approach is different and may have side-effects: Workflow is not actually passing values to the template. Rather, it's the template that requests the current variable values from the Workflow process, which may have an impact on performanc
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: passing variables from workflow to a form by Jean-Cédric @ 04/20/17 01:41 PM

Not sure I understand the problem here...you are n ot limited to jobInfos, you can as well pass workflow local, global and system variables to the PP7 form. Please refer to ExpandString PressTalk function
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: passing variables from workflow to a form by Philippe F. @ 04/20/17 01:39 PM

Couldn't you just concatenate all the different values into JobInfo 7, with a unique separator between each value (for instance, you could store My First Value; My Second Value; My third Value in jobInfo 7)? You would then simply have to parse JobInf
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts passing variables from workflow to a form by Nick_K @ 04/20/17 01:21 PM

Hello, We are trying to find a way of passing more than one variable to a form from within PlanetPress v7.5 Workflow. We are able to pass one variable to a form we setup in designer by using one of the info variables (in our case %7) and reading that
PlanetPress Design
Thanks for the suggestions. By your comments above, I didn't realize I had to put the pages in order front-to-back when using overlays. What a "DUH" moment! Thanks so much. They are working now.
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Re: can one page in pkg print multiples per record? by Jean-Cédric @ 04/20/17 11:56 AM

In the Designer. When you double-click on the Document name in your Designer, and you go to the Paper Handling in the three list, you can select there you duplexing options. On each of the form pages, go in the same location (Paper Handling) and se
PlanetPress Design
Hi Jean-Cedric, Each record (datapage) prints a front and back page and needs 3 copies of it. I'm not sure I follow you when you say put the duplexing at the document level. Is this something that happens in the Workflow, or in the Designer?
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Re: Document Structure and Object Inspector won't show by Jean-Cédric @ 04/20/17 11:03 AM

Close you PlanetPress Design tool. Double-click on the icon to start the Design tool and hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard until the software is fully loaded. That will reset the default settings of the Design tool. Be warn that it will also
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Re: can one page in pkg print multiples per record? by Jean-Cédric @ 04/20/17 10:53 AM

Are these pages conditionnals or are they all printing for each datapages? If everything is duplex, I would remove duplexing call from the form pages and put it at the document level.
PlanetPress Design
I have another variation on this same theme. I have a document that is duplexed (one front and one back page) and each page has variable data on it. I need it to print three copies of the document, but as a duplexed page. I can't figure out how to
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: Merge Current PDF with saved PDF by dstauder @ 04/19/17 03:34 PM

Oops. Need to set a variable to store JobInfo 9. Fixed the issue. Thank you JC.
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: Searching a Text in Input File by Jean-Cédric @ 04/19/17 02:11 PM

That would be PressTalk. Using PressTalk you would be able to "scan" through your data looking for what you want. Of course, your XML emulation would need to be set to Root element.
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Searching a Text in Input File by Godwin @ 04/19/17 02:03 PM

I have an Input XML file which contains a XML tag that repeats several times in the Input File like shown below. I want to check that Tag to see if it contains a specific value to determine if i have to do additional processing. Is there a search fea
PrintShop Mail Design
Jump to new posts Re: using PPD ? by Jean-Cédric @ 04/19/17 02:00 PM

You mean duplex? As long as your printer driver allows it...yes.
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: Splitting PDFs based on metadata - Group Marker by Jean-Cédric @ 04/19/17 01:59 PM

You need to add a Document Marker in your form. In your PP7 form, in the Design tool: -Create a condition that includes all possibilities for a document to be. -In your Design tool, double-click on your Document name in the three list. -Go to the Me
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: Merge Current PDF with saved PDF by Jean-Cédric @ 04/19/17 01:47 PM

You are using %9 as idf the script knew what to do with it...Please refer to this help page from our online help. Look at Watch.GetJobInfo
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Merge Current PDF with saved PDF by dstauder @ 04/19/17 01:37 PM

Hello all, I am trying to take a PDF source file, create a JobInfo %9 from information within the source PDF, run a script to retrieve a stored pdf from a local folder and merge the two files and output to another local folder. Here is my Script:
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Re: Hanging Indents by Philippe F. @ 04/18/17 06:14 PM

Select the entire text and THEN set the tab stops. They will apply to the entire selection.
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Hanging Indents by rwickham @ 04/18/17 02:10 PM

I'm able to add tabs in a text box but they only seem to work for the first line of each paragraph. For example if I have a bullet point I want indented and the text wraps to 3 lines long. I can tab each line over in the text box, but when I click O
PlanetPress Workflow
Hi I've got to a split PDFs but its not just a simple field selection because documents with page 2+ do not have the same fields as page 1. Therefore I set a Begin Group Marker for the document. Now how do I use this in Workflow? I assume I need a
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >