Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Re: What is faster - Dynamic PDF versus in form by Yannick Fortin @ 04/16/19 09:04 PM

> Just to confirm, you are saying that it is faster to print if the PDF added as a resource in the form versus calling the PDF from a folder. Yes, that's correct. As for the virtual drive, you should get the same kind behavior and benefits as th
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Re: What is faster - Dynamic PDF versus in form by Uomo Del Ghiaccio @ 04/16/19 05:38 PM

Yannick, Just to confirm, you are saying that it is faster to print if the PDF added as a resource in the form versus calling the PDF from a folder. How about if you download the PDF to the virtual drive and then call the PDF from the virtual dri
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Re: Date Format Changing when Printed by rfielder @ 04/16/19 02:27 PM

Here is the PressTalk code. &OHIPIns and &UNorOOCIns are conditions. Code: set(&TempDate1,@(9,73,78)+'20'+@(9,79,80)) set(&InvAge,@DaysBetweenDates(&TempDate1,date(false),'DD/MM/YYYY')) if(&OHIPIns) if(&Inv
PlanetPress Workflow
Jump to new posts Date Format Changing when Printed by rfielder @ 04/16/19 02:25 PM

I am using date(false) for various purposes on forms. Up to now, it has been to display the date only. On a new form, I am using date(false) as one of the arguments to the @DaysBetweenDates() function. When developing the form in Designer, everyth
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Secure QR Codes by DaveSCC @ 04/16/19 07:51 AM

Apologies if this has already been covered. I have been asked to produce a document with a secure QR code, one that allows a user to scan the code and receive one piece of information whilst a dedicated scanner would be able to receive another piec
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Re: What is faster - Dynamic PDF versus in form by Yannick Fortin @ 04/15/19 01:22 PM

As a resource. You get two performance enhancements. 1. The PDF is pre-translated to PostScript instead of being translated every time the form is run. 2. As an internal resource, the PDF is cached. This leads to faster RIP time on the printer.
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts Re: PDF Emulation with Hard-Coded Image Pages - DUPLEX by Anwar Hussain @ 04/13/19 09:15 AM

Dear All, This issue has been resolved by changing configuration settings on the RICOH 8220s printer. Now I am able to print pdf with random tray selection, random multiplx, random paper rotations and staple.
PlanetPress Design
Jump to new posts What is faster - Dynamic PDF versus in form by Uomo Del Ghiaccio @ 04/12/19 03:45 PM

PP7 Form using Optimized Postscript. Form has several dozen PDF files that are added as resources. There are conditions on each PDF file that decide which ones are printed for the specific record. Is it faster to call the images in dynamically from