Topic Options
#17568 - 11/02/05 03:26 PM Search isn't Refresing neither Rebuilding the Database
Chasky Offline

Loc: Colombia
Hi there,

The subjetc is my problem.

Yesterday I open Search application and tried to search for a specific document.

It didn't find it. So I tried to refresh the database, it didn't do anything at all (Not even the animation where it shows the reading of the PDIs files). Rebuild was worse... since it truncated my database file to 168KB (erase everything) and it doesn't want to add anything at all. Database file was 23.900KB.

Search 4.2.0.1634.

Eveything happened on a client machine. I checked it out on the server machine (where Design, Watch and Image) are installed and happended the same situation.

I'm working with local databases. I'll tried to do a SQL profile. It is worse. (I'll let it for another thread)

I really need help.... thanks!!!

#17569 - 11/02/05 03:35 PM Re: Search isn't Refresing neither Rebuilding the Database
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

In order to resolve this issue in a timley fashion I highly suggest that you call this issue into our support department.

#17570 - 11/02/05 05:20 PM Re: Search isn't Refresing neither Rebuilding the Database
Chasky Offline

Thanks!!!

Is it clear like that? or Should I add something else?

#17571 - 11/02/05 05:28 PM Re: Search isn't Refresing neither Rebuilding the Database
Chasky Offline

I got this message:

It is impossible for us to process your issue at this moment. You are therefore invited to call (514) 875-5863 x651 to rectify the situation. Thank you for using our Technical Services!

There is no way to call at the moment.

Reading everything I see that I would need the PlanetPress Care contract.. I cannot find this piece of paper.... where else can I get it? I do have the licenses and the order numbers.

#17572 - 11/02/05 05:50 PM Re: Search isn't Refresing neither Rebuilding the Database
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

You need to have a PlanetPress Care contract active in order to open an issue and use the web support or phone support system. The number you see there is the one that needs to be called between 9-5 eastern time.

In the meantime, if your rebuild gave you no results, you should make sure that you have access to where the PDFs are stored. This could be a rights issue where you no longer have access to the directory with the stored PDFs.

It would make sense that if search could not longer access the PDF files that things would go wrong. While this may not be the problem, it is definitly a good place to start.

#17573 - 11/03/05 08:38 AM Re: Search isn't Refresing neither Rebuilding the Database
Chasky Offline

We do have the PlanetPress Care Contract but we don't know whom received. Is there anyway to get it. We do have the consumer number and password.

Related with the problem, I have the propert rights since I can open the folder structure and search manually the PDFs and PDIs.

What I did was to install version 5 on demo mode... It worked just perfect, it even give me some error logs because some files as the name of the PDF file wrong. I changed them and it worked great (it did even before a change the errors).

It is a month solution just while a solve the version4 problem. How can I solve this without the PPCare contract? It is still an application miss behavior. It doesn't log any kind of error at all.

#17574 - 11/03/05 10:20 AM Re: Search isn't Refresing neither Rebuilding the Database
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

Please call (514) 875-5863 x651. They will fix up the issue with your PlanetPress Care and get your issue logged into our support system.

Moderator:  OL Newsgroup Support