Topic Options
#18620 - 08/25/05 11:20 AM PDF Creation not working like it was in PPV3
smaier Offline

I am in the process of migrating from PP3 to PP4. In PP3 I have a Watch Process that takes a text file with a listing of drawing images and creates a PDF.

All of the drawing images that are listed in the text file are located in a folder on our network (L:\PlanetPress\PS Drawing Archive) and they are all postscript files.

There is also a PP form that I use to create a cover and a back cover with the drawings in between.

In PP3, the watch process would first copy all of the drawing ps files needed to create the pdf to the "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr" directory, then it would call the Form. If I didn't copy the files to the distillr directory, I would get a cover and a back cover with no drawings inside.

Now, with PP4, I am getting a front and back cover with no drawings inside, regardless if I copy the drawing files to the distillr directory.

Guess I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a better way to create a pdf then what I am currently doing?

2. Has something changed in PP4 that is causing this not to work?

#18621 - 08/25/05 11:43 AM Re: PDF Creation not working like it was in PPV3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

As you want to access a network drive could you make sure that under PlanetPressWatch: Tools -> Configure Services- > "Local system account" is not checked but "Display network domains and username".

#18622 - 08/25/05 11:57 AM Re: PDF Creation not working like it was in PPV3
smaier Offline

Yes, I have verified that the user has access to the network drive.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that with PP4, I am able to copy the drawing PS files to the distillr directory. So it has access to the network drive. It just is not including those drawings in the pdf.

#18623 - 08/25/05 12:16 PM Re: PDF Creation not working like it was in PPV3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

With Pwatch3 we were using distiller, which is the reason why your images were under the said path.

With Pwatch4 we are using Jaws, which requires that you copy them to the virtual drive. This could be done by using, (action-> plugin)

#18624 - 08/25/05 02:05 PM Re: PDF Creation not working like it was in PPV3
smaier Offline

Ok, this makes sense.

How does this work, I am not familar with a virtual drive in PP. Or are you saying that the image has to exist on the printer now?

#18625 - 08/25/05 03:35 PM Re: PDF Creation not working like it was in PPV3
cosimo Offline
OL Expert

Loc: montreal
Hi,

The method on how to use or call dynamic Images is different in PlanetPress Version 4 compared to PlanetPress Version 3. I would recommend to read parts of Chapter 15 in the PlanetPress document that talks about Dynamic Images (Referencing External Images).
Documentation can be found under Start-Programs- PlanetPress Suit 4-Documentation-PlanetPress.
If you still have questions in regards to Dynamic Images and how to make it work within you environment, it would be best if you open an issue and we will be glad to assist you internally.
Simply click on "Report and Issue" found at the top left of this page.

Thanks
Cosimo
Team OL