Topic Options
#18636 - 11/07/05 03:10 PM trigger
Hal Brandenburg Offline

Loc: Wichita, KS
I want to print a simple form with addresses contained in a CSV file. The form will change with each job. Without Watch, how do I trigger the form when I print the job. I plan to create the form by importing an EPS or PDF into the design tool.

#18637 - 11/07/05 04:05 PM Re: trigger
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

First thing that I would suggest is making sure that the PDF you are using are version 1.3 and I

#18638 - 11/09/05 12:50 PM Re: trigger
Hal Brandenburg Offline

Loc: Wichita, KS
I set up the trigger and seperator files, no problem. I pull up my CSV file in the design Tool, no problem with over 500 recoreds. Using Watch to print from a watched folder, no problem. But if I submit the CSV through NotePad, to a Generic Text LPR Windows Print Queue, the printing blows up on quite a few records. Specifically when a field has a printing comma, and some others where there appears to be invisible delimiters. How should I submit the CSV file (without Watch) to retain the integrity. Is NotePad the problem? My CSV file I have used for years (with Planet Watch) with no problems.

#18639 - 11/09/05 07:21 PM Re: trigger
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

Notepad will modify the data file, as will wordpad. What you need to find is an application that will send the data without modifying it. Off the top of my head I do not know of any such applications in Windows.

If you do an LPR send you will keep the integrity of your file intact, however, applications like notepad will modify the contents of your file.

Moderator:  francois, OL Newsgroup Support