Topic Options
#22664 - 06/05/09 05:30 AM Problem running an external program in Watch
paul mccarthy Offline

Hi,

I have an external program that opens PowerPoint and populates a template. If I run this program using standard Windows cmd prompt it runs fine. If I debug in Watch it runs fine. However, when I run Watch as a service I get the following errors

Filename - UATPAULMC_0055850_JD2_20090605094519.txt Error No. - 5420 Error Description - An error occured while creating the PowerPoint presentation. Could not get the styling information from the presentation properties. Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)) Error Source - CMPBuilder

Why does this not work in Watch?

Regards,

Paul

#22665 - 06/05/09 09:17 AM Re: Problem running an external program in Watch
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Paul,

If something works in debug but not in service, there's two possibilities:

1. Watch may not have proper user rights associated with the service. You can go to Tools->Configure Services, uncheck "Local System Account", and enter the proper domain name, user name and password. The user must have all admin rights, and must be the same that you're using in your current Windows session.

2. The external program you're trying to use may not be able to run as a service. When Watch runs in service mode, external programs are run as services as well, and not all programs are designed to work this way. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do about this, we have no control over how external programs handles being run as services.

Regards,
Rapha

#22666 - 06/05/09 09:52 AM Re: Problem running an external program in Watch
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Paul,

You could also try the RunDOSCommand plugin for PPWatch available in our downloads section. I know it solves a similar problem running Microsoft Access, so it could be worth a try.

Regards,

Olivier

#22667 - 06/08/09 07:15 AM Re: Problem running an external program in Watch
paul mccarthy Offline

Hi,

I am running this as an admin account logged in.

I have tried the RunDosCommand plugin which works fine in debug mode but running as a service I get the following error:

INFO :
INFO : C:\WINDOWS\system32>D:\CMP\CMPBuilder\CMPBuilder.exe "-p"D:\PlanetPress\ClientMeetingPacks\CMPBuilder\Input "-f"UATPAULMC_0055855_JD2_20090608114734.txt "-t"Powerpoint
INFO : Error No.- 5420 Error Description- An error occured while creating the PowerPoint presentation. Could not get the styling information from the presentation properties. Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)) An error occured while creating the cover slide. Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)) The performance year to date slide could not be created. Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)) The historical performance slide could not be created. Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)) The asset allocation table slide for the account could not be created. Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)) The asset allocation breakdown table slide for the account could not be created. Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)) An error occured while creating the top five holdings slide. Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)) The consolidated cash summary slide could not be created. Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)) The recommendations slide could not be created. Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)) Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED))Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)) Error Source- CMPBuilder
INFO : Plugin Run Dos Commands completed successfully - 11:47:36

Any ideas?

Paul

#22668 - 01/13/10 12:50 PM Re: Problem running an external program in Watch
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
I just encountered this issue in a completely different context, but I figured I may as well add the information in this thread if it can help anyone.

The RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED error occurs when some applications (notably MS-Office apps and Visual Studio) are being called from a multi-threaded application (such as the PlanetPress Workflow tools). The error occurs randomly and is due to a timing problem in those applications. The only recommendation that can be made to remedy the situation is to... try again later! More information can be found on the MSDN web site, in particular on this page:
"http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms228772(VS.80).aspx"