Topic Options
#39581 - 05/17/12 09:16 AM Guide Line Removal
ezzy99 Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Newport, WALES
Having problems removing various guidelines on a page in Design.

I use several guidelines per page. Some I use the option of displaying on all pages some just on the one etc.

4 or 5 people could update this document (add new guidelines) but never at the same time.

When I am trying to remove or even move certain guidelines they remain at the same place. I thought it may have something to do with it being created on a page i.e. page 20 and for it to be displayed on all pages and that i am trying to remove the guideline on page 1 say. This isnt the case though.

Can anyone help!!
Regards

#39582 - 05/17/12 09:37 AM Re: Guide Line Removal [Re: ezzy99]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
ezzy99,

To remove a guideline, make sure you click on the little triangle present in the rulers, and drag it outside the rulers. If you click the line itself, you won't be able to move it. It's possible that there may be multiple guidelines on top of each others, you may need to repeat this step a few times, depending on how many were added.

If you do this, you should be able to remove the guidelines. Let us know if you are still having troubles.

Regards,
RaphaŽl Lalonde Lefebvre

#39587 - 05/18/12 04:52 AM Re: Guide Line Removal [Re: Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre]
ezzy99 Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Newport, WALES
Hi Raphael

Thanks for you reply.

I am doing exactly what your saying, unfortunately. Clicking on blue triangle and dragging to the right until it turns grey and releasing. Ive noticed one that works, as soon as you click on the blue triangle and move it, it turns grey and you cant see anything on the ruler.

When I am clicking on the blue traingles and moving it off the ruler it turns grey but there is still a blue triangle on the rular.

Ive tried several times removing it, say 20 - 30 times is some cases? And Im still staring at it haha!!

Edited by ezzy99 (05/18/12 04:54 AM)

#39593 - 05/18/12 10:27 AM Re: Guide Line Removal [Re: ezzy99]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
ezzy99,

Hmmm, perhaps it would be worth it to take a look at your form then. I suggest that you open a technical support issue. You can use the web page and go to Services->Support->Report an Issue, or call 1-866-348-5863. We'll then be able to look at your form, and see what we can do.

Regards,
RaphaŽl Lalonde Lefebvre