Topic Options
#40870 - 10/01/12 11:13 AM Question about printer license
VGlassley Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Washington
Hello, I have been asked to see what I can find out potential problems we may run into with Planet Press 6 after changing from DSL to Cable for Internet services. I believe that the IP address's of all devices will change from 192.168.x.xxx to something like 10.0.x X after the change over and want to find out if this will cause any problems with our printers or software? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Vic

#40871 - 10/01/12 11:26 AM Re: Question about printer license [Re: VGlassley]
Olivier J
Unregistered

Hi VGlassley,

It will not be a problem per say. You will need to make sure to update all references to IP addresses in your PlanetPress workflow. If you were using windows queues, then simply update your queues' IP addresses. You might have to go in the workflow and "re-select" each windows queue from each PlanetPress queue. If you were printing using a windows driver, then you will have to reselect each driver in each output task. Also note that in Version 6, you need all PlanetPress servers to be in the same subnet so they can see each other. For example, if your PPFax or PPImage softwares are installed on a different server than your PlanetPress Watch or PlanetPress Server, then they will still need to be on the same subnet.

I can't think of anything else.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Olivier

Moderator:  OL Newsgroup Cust. Care