Topic Options
#44813 - 08/29/13 12:14 PM How can I check lenght of a paragraph
Walli Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Ontario
Hi,
I have a variable letter and within that letter I have another variable. Sometimes the length of the variable is longer and it prints in two separate lines. how can I check for the length of the variable if it fits on the first line else print the whole variable on the second line. For example
I have

That’s why I’m so grateful for your leadership commitment to BC Children’s Hospital@Varcont1@. As a passionate advocate of child health, you’ve saved lives and opened up so many possibilities for children. I’m very proud to count you amongst our most loyal supporters.

if @Varcont1@ is Mr. Wali Naimi only Mr. print on the top line and Wali Naimi prints on the second line. I need either the whole name fit on the fist line else print it on the second line.

Please let me know if you can solve this for me with many thanks.

#44818 - 08/29/13 01:30 PM Re: How can I check lenght of a paragraph [Re: Walli]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Walli,

PrintShop Mail has a "Copy Fitting" feature, where you can click on a text box, and in the properties, enable the "Copy Fitting", and then you can expand it to configure some of it's options. The idea is that if the text is too long to fit in the box, it will automatically reduce the font size to make sure it can fit. So this feature eliminates the issue altogether.

Regards,
Raphaël Lalonde Lefebvre

#44819 - 08/29/13 01:40 PM Re: How can I check lenght of a paragraph [Re: Walli]
Walli Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Ontario
Hi Raphael,
I don't want to reduce or shrink the font size. I just want to print the entire name on the second line instead of half on the top line and the other half on the second line.

Thanks

#44829 - 09/02/13 03:37 AM Re: How can I check lenght of a paragraph [Re: Walli]
Sander vd Berg Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune NL
Assuming the expression of @Varcont1@ is [Varcont1], try replacing normal spaces by non-breaking spaces:

Code:
REPLACE([Varcont1], " ", CHR(160))

#54061 - 10/11/16 05:33 AM Re: How can I check lenght of a paragraph [Re: Walli]
Petar Parker Offline
OL Newbie

Wordcounter is a word count and a character count tool. Simply place your cursor into the box and begin typing.

http://shaunbagwellmasonry.com/

Edited by Petar Parker (10/11/16 05:37 AM)

#54224 - 11/17/16 04:01 AM Re: How can I check lenght of a paragraph [Re: Walli]
federyshory Offline
OL Newbie

Stack Overflow is a community of 6.3 million programmers, just like you, helping each other.

Compras en estados unidos

#54237 - 11/18/16 05:18 AM Re: How can I check lenght of a paragraph [Re: Walli]
matterysomi Offline
OL Newbie

There is no set length for a paragraph. It is possible, however, ... There are some guiding principles that will help you to get your paragraphs right.

How Do I Start A Blog

#54285 - 12/02/16 02:19 AM Re: How can I check lenght of a paragraph [Re: Walli]
lwerperry Offline
OL Newbie

There is no set length for a paragraph. It is possible, however, to have your paragraphs too long or too short. There are some guiding principles that will help you to get your paragraphs right.

Awards for children's books