Topic Options
#55398 - 10/19/17 11:37 AM Reporting Via A Workflow
Dean Offline
OL Newbie

Hi

Within a typical print run, our data file contains a multitude of source codes (one per record). So, as well as printing a batch of letters, I would love to be able to produce a report/file/email whatever, containing a summary of how many different source codes were present in that particular file.

eg:

GROUPON12 - 26
WPUN - 15

I feel I am so close, but yet so far, and am going around in circles, as I am sure there are many ways of achieving this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Dean

#55399 - 10/19/17 12:57 PM Re: Reporting Via A Workflow [Re: Dean]
Jean-Cédric Online   happy
OL Expert

Loc: Québec, Canada
If I understand correctly, your would need to create global variables in your Design tool and increment them every time you find one of your source code.

Then at the end of the job, you would display the content of those global variables on a report page.

Does that make sens?

#55427 - 10/25/17 08:08 AM Re: Reporting Via A Workflow [Re: Dean]
Dean Offline
OL Newbie

Hi Jean Cedric

Thanks - it kind of does make sense, but I find that this is beyond me...

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks
Dean

#55428 - 10/25/17 09:34 AM Re: Reporting Via A Workflow [Re: Dean]
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Hi Dean,

Easiest way, in my opinion, would be to create a custom metadata field in the Design document that will contain a count of the source codes. Then, in Workflow, you will use this metadata field as part of your email or report, and will be able to get the total number of source codes.

Easier said than done, I must admit. So I would suggest that you open a technical support call, and they will be able to help you out after taking a look at your document.

Regards,
Raphaël Lalonde-Lefebvre

#55482 - 11/15/17 05:17 AM Re: Reporting Via A Workflow [Re: Dean]
Dean Offline
OL Newbie

Apologies for the tardy response...

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go.

Best
Dean