Moving watch to a new PC

Posted by: MarkSm1th

Moving watch to a new PC - 01/29/10 04:39 AM

Hi,

I'm changing the machine I use to run Watch. Is it possible to run the new machine maybe watermarked so I can test it's all working OK before I deactivate Watch on the old machine? Also do I just need to copy over the config file or are there more files to move?

Thanks,
Mark.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Moving watch to a new PC - 01/29/10 03:15 PM

Mark,

You can install PlanetPress Suite on a new machine without entering any serial number and activation, and it will work on a 30-day trial with watermark.

To transfer your configuration, there are 2 things that need to be transfered:
1. your configuration file (you can do File, Save As in Watch to save it)
2. Your documents (.ptk files located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Objectif Lune\PlanetPress Suite 6\PlanetPress Watch\Documents )

After you installed PlanetPress Suite on the new PC, copy the .ptk files to the same location on the new PC then open Watch and do File, Open, to load the configuration file.

The config file contains all your processes and printer queues, but the documents are not included within it.

If you have any external resources used in your processes (images, EPS files, PDFs, external programs or VBScripts) make sure these are also copied to the new machine in the same folder setup.

Once you have completed your testing using the watermarks, you will be able to contact the activations department at activations@ca.objectiflune.com for the license transfer.

Hope this helps,
Eric.

Re: Moving watch to a new PC - 02/03/10 09:16 AM

Thanks very much Eric. That seems to be working, I plan to activate the new machine this week so will post if I have a problem.

Thanks again,
Mark.

Re: Moving watch to a new PC - 02/12/10 09:30 AM

Hi,

My new activation worked and I've copied my files across, mostly seemed to work but I have come across an issue. In Watch a few of my actions within the processes have been replaced by ??? . I think they are all splitters. Any ideas why this might be?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Mark.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Moving watch to a new PC - 02/12/10 12:24 PM

Mark,

??? signs mean either a plugin that is not available for your license (though I think that's only for PDF tools in version 7) or for custom plugins that were used in your process. In order to resolve this issue, you would need to go in the old machine where you had Watch, in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Objectif Lune\PlanetPress Suite 6\Plugins

Generally "custom" plugins are the ones that do not have any extra files with them (.en, .fr, etc - the language files), but if you're unsure you can simply copy all DLL files here into the same path in your new server. When asked to overwrite the DLLs, choose "no" for each - so you will only copy the new DLLs over.

You'll need to close and reopen Watch to see the plugins again.

Hope this helps,
Eric.

Re: Moving watch to a new PC - 02/12/10 01:41 PM

Eric,

Sorry to bother you again. I've copied all the plugins across now but still get the ??? and when I try to use the relevant plugin I get this error:-

W1525 : Error displaying dialog box Class not registered

Regards,
Mark.