When do we need to get new license key ?

Posted by: Andy1974

When do we need to get new license key ? - 09/11/13 05:10 AM

Dear Sir,

I've some questions on new license key as below.

Due to my company plan to do a fully real-time backup in current working planetpress server, this backup is whole
system backup, my questions are :

Question 1.
-----------
If current working planetpress server is out of order, let say this server is called 'A server' and backup server is called 'B server'. And we'll use B server to replace A server,
so all our printing jobs can be carry on working. In this case, do we need to apply a new licensed key ?

Question 2.
-----------
If current working planetpress server is out of order, and it
needs to change a new harddisk or delete all data in current
harddisk. Then use the backup data restore in it again.
In this case, do we need to apply a new licensed key ?

Question 3.
-----------
If current working planetpress server is out of order, and
we need to restore a backup data into another server.
In this case, do we need to apply a new licensed key ?

Sorry to ask you so much questions, because we want to clarify
when do we need to fill in the license transfer form to get a new license key.

Many thanks !
Best Regards,
Andy...
Posted by: Connie Florio

Re: When do we need to get new license key ? - 09/11/13 09:51 AM

Hi Andy,

1-A license transfer will be needed in this case, as your second server needs to be licensed if you wish to use it the same way as server A. If this happens out of business hours, you can log into your account through our website- and you can get a temporary 7 day code until our office is open and we can provide with permanent activations.

2-If any hardware is changed on the server, this will most probably cause your magic number to change and therefore this will require a new license. A License transfer will also be needed here.
Again, if this is require outside our office hours, you can alway log into your account and get a 7 day temporary code.

3-A license transfer is needed as it is on a different server.
Again, a 7 day temporary code is available if needed.

To get a copy of a license transfer agreememt form, simply email your local activations department and they will be able to provide you with this.
Also - they can provide you with your login information if that is also needed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Connie

Re: When do we need to get new license key ? - 09/11/13 10:13 PM

Dear Connie,

Many thanks your quick reply on my questions !

I want to clarify more on my questions again. As we plan to do a fully system backup on current working planetpress server, that mean the backup will include whole system data & application data.

System data include windows registry, e.g. application licensed key, application setting, so if we use this backup to restore to another server or same server again, why we need to apply a new licensed key ?

The purpose to do the fully system backup is avoid our daily reports or jobs stop for a long time when working planetpress server is out of order. And we don't need to reinstall the
planetpress software again.

In my mind is if install or reinstall planetpress software, we
need to apply a licensed key, but now we just use the backup to
restore, why need to apply a new licensed key ? so I would like to clarify this point.

Sorry to ask so much questions again !
Thank you !

Best Regards,
Andy...
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: When do we need to get new license key ? - 09/12/13 10:03 AM

Hi Andy,

It's simple: Same hardware, same windows, no reactivation. Change hardware, change windows, license transfer needed. If you do a full backup of the machine and restore it on the same computer, no reactivation needed. If you move to another box, license transfer. Why? Because we can't allow people to move PlanetPress around. They would be able to have unlimited amounts of PlanetPress servers for the cost of a single license. It is like that for most software actually.

Thanks.
Olivier
Posted by: Connie Florio

Re: When do we need to get new license key ? - 09/12/13 10:22 AM

Hi Andy,

For more information on licensing your back up server, you can contact your reseller or local OL Office
http://www.objectiflune.com/OL/en-AU/About/Contact.aspx

Thanks,

Connie

Re: When do we need to get new license key ? - 09/12/13 09:41 PM

Dear Olivier & Connie,

Many thanks your answer on my question !
I'm now understand the concept for licensed transfer.
I'll explain it to my boss.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Andy...