Hi,
Background:
I have inherited a PlanetPress Suite v.3/v.4 system that prints to more than 25 licensed printers, ranging from the Heidelberg Digimaster 9110 to HP 8150 - 2300 series to IBM infoprint 1140's. We have 16 more licenses to assign to printers with more on the way. The system currently contains more than 1000 forms/documents. The number of forms/documents should be able to be cut in half once I complete conversion of the forms, in my spare time of course!

As you can probably tell from my system description, I try to use the "default ppd" for my documents unless there is absolutly no way around it.

Problem:
I need to be able to read a variable from the data file and route the output to the correct output bin based on the variable. So far I have tried:

1. A search and replace, replacing the variable with PCL. Result: the PCL is followed and the .ptk file is ignored. The PCL is ignored and the .ptk is followed.

2. A search and replace, replacing the variable with PJL. Result: the PJL is followed and the .ptk file is ignored. The PJL is ignored and the .ptk is followed.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for a solution that is flexible and migrateable. (once I complete the version 3 to version 4 upgrade, it's on to version 5. [LIST]