Topic Options
#17383 - 03/01/04 10:55 AM Fax field information.
Babysiter v4 Offline

Sorry I am not quite familiar with the PlanetPress Fax. But I am quite interested in finding a solution which can directly send out faxes within PlanetPress.
My question is how many fax information field s can be set to each outbound fax. Currently, I can only see two fields: recipient's fax number and coversheet notes, is it possible to assign the recipient's name to each fax?
Thanks in advance for your help. Hope my question make sense.

#17384 - 03/01/04 02:51 PM Re: Fax field information.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

You can take anything from the data and use it as "information" for your faxes. So if you customer name is in the data then yes, you can use it as an information tag.

To add an information tag...

Using the data selector and choose the text you want to show, then click on the archive/fax/e-mail tab and choose information (at the bottom). Please note that you can add as many of these as your like and they will be added to the subject line of your fax.

#17385 - 03/01/04 03:22 PM Re: Fax field information.
Babysiter v4 Offline

Thanks for the reply.
However, that doesn;t solve my problem. I sent the output to WinFax, I can see the subject line is the information field which I selected but the 'To' field is a random string like this 'FaxXXXXXXX', Can I replace this field with a more meaningful word?

#17386 - 03/01/04 03:39 PM Re: Fax field information.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry, I am using WinFax pro and I do not see a "To:" field at all. Are you referring to the "name" field??

#17387 - 03/01/04 03:56 PM Re: Fax field information.
Babysiter v4 Offline

Exactly, yeah, the Name field.

#17388 - 03/01/04 04:03 PM Re: Fax field information.
Anonymous
Unregistered

This field is not modifiable through PlanetPress but you can modify it in WinFax pro.

#17389 - 03/01/04 04:04 PM Re: Fax field information.
Babysiter v4 Offline

thanks anyway...

Moderator:  OL Newsgroup Support