Topic Options
#17400 - 08/10/04 02:33 PM Planet Press Upgrade
Tim Elsea Offline

Loc: Johnson City TN
current version: 4.0.33.1463

I have an open issue #14645 concerning PlanetPress FAX. I am waiting on the PlanetPress revision that relies on FAX using the Windows internal fax engine. I basically have 2 questions:

1. Is the revision ready for upgrading yet? If not, when is the projected date?

2. If I upgrade and for some reason need to back out of the revision, how can I accomplish this?

Also, I tried to use the web support page, but I kept getting timeouts.

#17401 - 08/10/04 02:42 PM Re: Planet Press Upgrade
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

1. By doing an update you will get the latest version which has the option to use Windows internal fax.

2. If you need so, please contact us and we will see what we can do.

TEAM OL

#17402 - 08/11/04 08:35 AM Re: Planet Press Upgrade
Tim Elsea Offline

So is that a "YES" that I can back out of an upgrade if things go wrong OR is that a "MAYBE".

This is a "live" production box that I would be upgrading and I cannot take a chance on "MAYBE".

#17403 - 08/11/04 08:58 AM Re: Planet Press Upgrade
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,
before updating I recommend that you backup your variable content documents(.pp4) and your PPW4 configuration and all files in C:\Program Files\PlanetPress Suite 4\PlanetPress Watch\Documents. Of course you could have other resources to backup depending on your implementation but the ones mentioned are the basic ones if you use the suite without to much customisation. Once this is done you may then upgrade the suite. If there are any major issues after the upgrade that would make you stop production here is what needs to happen:
1-- uninstall the entire suite.
2-- call us and request the version 4.0.33.1463
3-- Reinstall the suite
4-- restore the files in the directory: C:\Program Files\PlanetPress Suite 4\PlanetPress Watch\Documents
5-- Open the save configuartion file
6-- submit the configuration.

Of course this procedure will get you out of trouble, please be aware that are entire customer base as been upgrading to the latest version and from my knowledge no major issues are known as of today.

I also recommend that you read the release notes to see what changed.

Thanks

Thanks

#17404 - 08/11/04 10:24 AM Re: Planet Press Upgrade
Tim Elsea Offline

Are the release notes available online? If so, what is the url?

Thanks

Moderator:  OL Newsgroup Support