Topic Options
#17415 - 08/20/04 11:08 AM Using Windows Internal Fax Engine
Tim Elsea Offline

Loc: Johnson City TN
I have the current version of PlanetPress Fax loaded on a Win2K3 Server. I am testing using the Windows Internal Fax Engine rather than WinFax Pro because WinFax Pro has not proved to be very reliable in our "live" environment.

I would like to know what I need to name a variable in my PPress document that the Windows API would understand as being my document name. I have tested naming a field "DocumentName" and in Object Properties setting "Fax Information" to "true". I would like for this information to appear in the Windows Fax Console. So far, all that shows up is the fax number of the customer and I need more information for tracking successful transmissions.

Thanks,

Tim Elsea

#17416 - 08/23/04 11:50 AM Re: Using Windows Internal Fax Engine
Tim Elsea Offline

Could I have some type of update on this issue? I cannot upgrade my "live" environment with the new version of PP4 until I can determine whether or not the Windows Internal Fax engine will be a viable alternative to WinFax Pro.

Thanks,

Tim Elsea

#17417 - 08/23/04 02:50 PM Re: Using Windows Internal Fax Engine
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

It has been reported as a bug. In the current version, the informations aren't logged either in the log file of PlanetPress Fax or in the console of the Windows Fax Engine.

TEAM OL

#17418 - 09/22/04 08:03 AM Re: Using Windows Internal Fax Engine
Tim Elsea Offline

This is a follow up to my prior issue. I was told by Support that after the issue was reported a future version of PP4 Fax would include the capability of passing a variable name to the Windows internal fax engine. Currently, I am not able to utilize the fax module of PlanetPress without this feature. I am using version 4.0.33.1463 in production and have tested version 4.045.1515. Is there a newer version of Fax available that has this feature included?

We tried using WinFax Pro but the software is not very reliable in a production setting.

Thanks,

Tim Elsea

Moderator:  OL Newsgroup Support