Topic Options
#17419 - 09/27/04 09:35 AM Winfax Pro errors when Windows XP SP2 loaded
xrocks Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
After both my client and I loaded Windows XP service pack 2, we both re-installed the latest versions of PlanetPress software, and had them re-activated.
Unfortunately, when trying to use WinFax Pro 10.0, the process would fail with 2 pop-up window errors:
error1 (in background): window title "Creating Attachment Image", message line 1 "The selected attachment is being converted into a fax image", message line 2 "C:\Program Files\PlanetPress Suite 4\PlanetPress", button labeled "Cancel".
error2 (in foreground): window title "Message Manager", message line 1 "Automatic printing of the file has failed.", message line 2 "You will need to activate the printing manually.", message line 3 "When the print is completed you will have to exit the application.", button labeled "OK".
Clicking on OK for error message 2 launches a tiff viewer, and shows the first page of the fax.
Switching to Windows fax service instead of Winfax Pro works, but the client (and I) want to determine if we'll be able to solve the Winfax Pro services.
Help? confused

#17420 - 09/27/04 10:55 AM Re: Winfax Pro errors when Windows XP SP2 loaded
Anonymous
Unregistered

Symantec has already posted on their website that WinFax pro has issues with SP 2.

Also note that PlanetPress/Objectiflune does not support Service 2 for windows XP.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/faxprod.nsf/docid/2004071911425704?Open&src=w

That is a link to symantec's site. Please note that their "work around" posted here has not been tested here and we do not know if that workaround will fix the issues with PlanetPress fax.

#17421 - 09/27/04 11:18 AM Re: Winfax Pro errors when Windows XP SP2 loaded
xrocks Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Both the client and I have already applied symantec's recommended fix - which did not resolve the errors.
So for now we are both using Windows fax services.
My concern is that Windows XP users are allowing automatic updates, which is going to cause this issue in the near term.
I understand that Objectif Lune does not officially support Windows XP SP2, but would appreciate having this faxing issue looked into.
Thanks.

#17422 - 09/27/04 11:19 AM Re: Winfax Pro errors when Windows XP SP2 loaded
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

While we do not support SP2 right now we are looking into the issues that it has caused with our software and other softwares around our own.

#17423 - 03/11/05 09:02 AM Re: Winfax Pro errors when Windows XP SP2 loaded
kulik Offline

I had the same problem
(WINFAX + CREATING ATTACHMENT FILE)
I've uninstalled my winfax ver 10.02
and installed version 10.0
and the problem was fixed

tomer

#17424 - 09/14/05 05:49 PM Re: Winfax Pro errors when Windows XP SP2 loaded
JeffS Offline

Same Problem Here. Probably move to Windows FAX. From what I can tell winfax is trying to use another application to convert (rasterize) the document to a specific image format transmission. It also appears to send the OL pages as attachments. On another note my test enviroment is 2k, customer is xp-same problem.

#17425 - 09/21/05 09:12 AM Re: Winfax Pro errors when Windows XP SP2 loaded
Eric Meunier Offline

Loc: Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Queb...
You need to use at least ver. 10.02 on XP pro...

I'm testing it right now and it works fine... except for minor irritant...

Moderator:  OL Newsgroup Support