Topic Options
#17792 - 03/24/04 10:19 AM Updating PlanetPress
rpl22 Offline

confused How do you update a system that is not connected to the Internet????

#17793 - 03/25/04 02:21 PM Re: Updating PlanetPress
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please contact your reseller. If you are entitled to an upgrade then you are entitled to the CD and the rest that comes with it.

#17794 - 03/25/04 04:09 PM Re: Updating PlanetPress
rpl22 Offline

I will try to be clearer this time. I have been using PP3 for some time. None of the systems running PlanetPress connect to the Internet. I download the updates using a machine with bombed out demo versions of three using the update from web. I than get the data under the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Objectif Lune\PlanetPress Suite 3\Bin\downloads. It is unclear if I will be able to update in the same manner with my version 4 software. So in version four when updates come out what will be the procedure to update the software if it is loaded on a machine that is not on the internet.

#17795 - 06/30/04 12:41 PM Re: Updating PlanetPress
LondonBarry Offline

Loc: London
I am looking for an answer to this as well. In version three, the updates would be in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Objectif Lune\PlanetPress Suite 3\Bin\downloads after an Update from the Web was completed. I have installed PP4 from the CD and did an update to get the latest version. I don't see a folder called C:\Program Files\Common Files\Objectif Lune\PlanetPress Suite 4\Bin\downloads. For version 3, I used the downloaded files to update our three other workstations which run PP as well as the 2 servers running PPWatch. Can I not use this method in version 4?

#17796 - 06/30/04 12:41 PM Re: Updating PlanetPress
LondonBarry Offline

I am looking for an answer to this as well. In version three, the updates would be in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Objectif Lune\PlanetPress Suite 3\Bin\downloads after an Update from the Web was completed. I have installed PP4 from the CD and did an update to get the latest version. I don't see a folder called C:\Program Files\Common Files\Objectif Lune\PlanetPress Suite 4\Bin\downloads. For version 3, I used the downloaded files to update our three other workstations which run PP as well as the 2 servers running PPWatch. Can I not use this method in version 4?

#17797 - 06/30/04 01:03 PM Re: Updating PlanetPress
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

The update to version 4 does not work like the update to version 3. In Version 3 you re-downloaded the entire software so it was possible to keep the files. Version 4 does not undate everything and this is no longer possible.

#17798 - 06/30/04 01:08 PM Re: Updating PlanetPress
LondonBarry Offline

Bummer. So the only way to stay current with updates is to run the update on each individual machine?

#17799 - 06/30/04 01:11 PM Re: Updating PlanetPress
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

Currently we have not implemented the option to download the update/upgrade for the new Update Service provider that we use in PP4. We do expect, however, that we will have this option available in a future version. Product management is aware of this, and we are currently working towards this functionality.

For the time being, as mentioned above, you are likely entitled to a CD for each update/upgrade. In this case you would have to contact your reseller to obtain a copy.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Duane
TeamOL

Moderator:  OL Newsgroup Support