Topic Options
#17803 - 05/31/04 09:00 AM Cannot install upgrade patch
Adrian Offline
OL Expert

Loc: UK
Hi,

I was on V4.0.32.1444 but needed to de-install and re-install due to various problems. I re-installed V4 Release 2 V 1426. I then ran the web update and downloaded and installed V4.0.32.1444. Help, About, reports that I am on V4.0.32.1444.

When I check for updates again, it tells me there is an update to V 4.0.32 available. When I download this and install I get the message;

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch".

It seems that the web update routine is detecting that I am on a lower release. It may be that when a real update is next available, this problem will just go away and I will be back in sync.

Please advise.

Regards,

Adrian

#17804 - 05/31/04 10:43 AM Re: Cannot install upgrade patch
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for pointing this out. I have changed the logic of our publishing service such that you don't receive that message erroneously. As of today version 4.0.32.1444 is indeed the latest version of PlanetPress. So you are up-to-date. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Duane
TeamOL

Moderator:  OL Newsgroup Support