Topic Options
#17865 - 12/27/04 03:03 PM Log onto Server Host
DSweet Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
confused
On Dec. 23, I upgraded both PP4 and PPW4 to version 4.1.1.1575. I am now finding out (to my great surprise) that I cannot export ptk files directly from PlanetPress to PlanetWatch anymore.

I did not notice anything different about this installation over previous upgrades. I was also able to use the Configure Settings option of PPWatch and log back onto the server I had been on previously. But PlanetPress has no such configuration option.

If I now choose "send to" from the file menu, I only have the option to go to LocalHost and not the previous option that I had (although it still is listed -- simply grayed-out). Also the "ok" button on that ptk menu screen is grayed-out as well -- even if I choose "LocalHost".

How can I get back to where I was before?

Thank you.

#17866 - 12/27/04 04:33 PM Re: Log onto Server Host
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

When you try to send a form to PlanetPress Watch the first option on the top should be LocalHost on 127.0.0.1. This is the option you need to select if PlanetPress Watch is on the same system.

"LocalHost and not the previous option that I had "

What previous option are you referring to?

Also, a new version was put on Friday, you may want to try upgrading to that version.

#17867 - 12/28/04 07:51 AM Re: Log onto Server Host
DSweet Offline

I am not a network savvy person, but I will try to explain what is going on on my computer. My company works everything on a network server for storage of data and working of projects. My computer has a name to log onto that server as "POD02 on xx.xx.xx.xx" (the name still shows up on my pp4 screens). This is what was used when the program was installed back in version 3.3. Every upgrade since then has used that configuration and naming for my computer except this one. This one changed PlanetPress to only accept the LocalHost on 127.0.0.1 that you mentioned. But even when I select this option the "ok" button is till grayed-out and I cannot send a ptk file at all.

PlanetWatch has the ability under "Configure Services" to log onto a specific domain under a specific username and then allow that network to be usable. That screen even states that is used for configuring "PlanetPress Suite services", so why won't PlanetPress recognise its own configuration? Under this configuration I give it the domain name that I must use (CORE) and the username that I must use (poduser) and enter the password for this username (the same domain, username and password that are used when I log onto my computer each morning). The screen then tells me that this account "has been granted the Log On As A Service right".

I will try the upgrade that you mentioned, and I hope that this works, because I am also finding out that fonts from previous forms are now being altered. Not just the MICR and OCR fonts as mentioned in other postings, but regular truetype and postscript fonts are being altered as well. If this is the case then I want to go back to the older version that still worked.

#17868 - 12/28/04 09:19 AM Re: Log onto Server Host
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

Going back to an older version will be difficult if you do not have the old install files.

Also, this is the first we have heard about any font problems except for the OCR mentioned in the other post. If you are still having problems after the upgrade please let us know right away so we can look at it.

The login for PlanetPress Watch has nothing at all to do with PlanetPress sending the files to PlanetPress watch. When you want to send files to PlanetPress Watch you should choose the first option (127.0.0.1 which means loopback. In other words, send the forms to Watch on this machine).

#17869 - 12/28/04 01:26 PM Re: Log onto Server Host
DSweet Offline

If I send you the pp4 file, the fonts used and the config file for watch, would you please take a look at it? The font definitely changed.

If you do decide to take a look, the first line of each bulleted paragraph on page one is simply bolded. It should be the same size as the rest of the letter. The same with the P.S. on the back page. The font appears correctly within the text editor screen as I type it, but it shows up in the other "live preview" window as nearly double the size. It also prints that way as well.

Any help you can give would be grateful.

#17870 - 12/28/04 01:27 PM Re: Log onto Server Host
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please use the report an issue button at the top left. Thanks.

#17871 - 12/28/04 03:16 PM Re: Log onto Server Host
J-F Barbeau Offline
OL Guru

Loc: Montreal, Qc
Hello,

We managed to duplicate your problem here using your form. However, we tried new forms using your fonts and did not come across any problems. We are looking into why this happened on your specific form. In the meantime, in you change the font size of the bold portion from 9.000 to 9.001 you will notice it works.

Regards,

Moderator:  OL Newsgroup Support