Topic Options
#17900 - 05/04/05 11:13 AM Errors with PlanetPress loading
Paradox Offline

Loc: Action in Mailing, Alabama
A few days ago I noticed that there was a new version of Planetpress available and updated both my machine and one other machine with the new version of PP4 (4.2.0.1634) Ever since then I've been having trouble with Planetpress. I've never had any of my panels docked, and have my preferences set for my menus to be in a certain place and customized. However, now when I try to open PP4 regularly, I get errors:

Exception EInvalidOperation in module Ppress.exe at 00060EFC.
Control 'dkpn10bjInsp' has no parent window.

I can only open PP4 if I hold down the CTRL key while loading, which of course docks every panel and resets all my menus and erases my recent history menu. I just want to know if there is a way to correct this. Last time there was a major update we had similar troubles as I recall, and the solution ended up being we were sent an executable file of the update itself. I really don't want this to be the final solution.

#17901 - 05/04/05 11:27 PM Re: Errors with PlanetPress loading
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

Are you using dual monitors on the PC(s) that are having this problem? There is a known issue with the undocking when the panels are undocked across multiple monitors.

#17902 - 05/05/05 08:14 AM Re: Errors with PlanetPress loading
Paradox Offline

Nope, I only have one monitor per PC.

#17903 - 05/09/05 01:06 PM Re: Errors with PlanetPress loading
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

I have reported this issue to RnD and let them know that we have a user hitting this problem that is using only 1 monitor.

#17904 - 07/13/05 10:19 AM Re: Errors with PlanetPress loading
Paradox Offline

I just wanted to know if any headway has been made on this issue. Maybe it will be solved in the next update?

#17905 - 08/04/05 02:08 PM Re: Errors with PlanetPress loading
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,
I have some info for you. The issue is still not fixed but will be in a futur update of Version 5.
I recommend that you log in a call using the Report an issue button on the top left of this page so that we can then follow up with you to keep you updated.

Thanks

Moderator:  OL Newsgroup Support