Topic Options
#17930 - 11/29/06 04:42 PM Re-installing PP4
KitG Offline

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
I uninstalled PP4 on my computer as it was supposed to become someone else's computer, but things changed and it became my computer again.

But now, I can't re-install PP4. It gets to "starting services" and then rolls back, saying the install has been interrupted without telling me why.

I have PP5 on this machine, (and the re-install of PP5 suite went just fine) but I want to have PP4 so I can view the older forms when necessary.

I deleted the PP4 Suite folder in Program Files and got the same thing. I have re-booted my computer several times and still get the same error.

What do I need to do in order to get PP4 reloaded on my machine?

Thanks a bunch.

Kit G

#17931 - 11/30/06 08:47 AM Re: Re-installing PP4
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

Not a good idea.

You could always open your PP4 document within version 5, gradually bring them to version 5 and still have your version 4 intact.

I would also refer you to:
http://www.objectiflune.com/support/faq.aspx

Have a look at "Miscellaneous questions"
-What do I need to know before upgrading to PlanetPress Suite Version 5.
There is a document available that explains and said why:
"PlanetPress Watch 4 & 5 cannot both run on the same PC.

#17932 - 11/30/06 09:24 AM Re: Re-installing PP4
KitG Offline

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
Thanks for the info. I am just trying to re-install the PP4 Design tool, not PP4 Watch as I have PP5 Watch running. I found another topic on re-installing PP4, but the links to the solution no longer worked and the post was from 2004.

I would like to have the PP4 design tool re-installed on my computer. Is there a way to do this?

Kit G

Moderator:  OL Newsgroup Support