Topic Options
#17963 - 03/01/04 02:13 PM Times New Roman not TimbrelCondensed
Mason Offline

Loc: Fairhope, Alabama
Hello,

When I create a new Style and set it to Times New Roman I end up getting TimbrelCondensed. However, when I open up the Style dialog box it says Times New Roman, but the Object Inspector says TimbrelCondensed, and on the screen, and in print it is TimbrelCondensed. Here's what I do: Insert > Style, when dialog box appears I set my settings as listed below and click OK.

Settings when creating Style:
'Font type'=TT, host, single-byte
'Font name'=Times New Roman
'Encoding'=Default font encoding
'Font size'=12
'Font ratio'=100
'Color'=[0,0,0,100]

When I open it back up, all the settings are the same, even though the Object Inspector says 'Font name'=TimbrelCondensed.

Mason

#17964 - 03/01/04 02:39 PM Re: Times New Roman not TimbrelCondensed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Mason,

I cannot duplicate this problem. However, I do not have the TimbrelCondensed font. If it is not a problem, can you send this font to me at support@ca.objectiflune.com and maybe even send your form for me to look at? I thank you for your time.

#17965 - 03/01/04 03:16 PM Re: Times New Roman not TimbrelCondensed
Mason Offline

Hello Danny,

It is very strange. All other fonts work fine. If I select Arial, I get Arial. It's only Times New Roman that doesn't select the proper font. However, I have no problem in PlanetPress 3 or any other software with Times New Roman.

I'll send you the document. Which font(s) should I sent you, just Times New Roman?

Mason

#17966 - 03/01/04 03:19 PM Re: Times New Roman not TimbrelCondensed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes please, I will take a look at see what I can come up with. Also, if you could send me a screenshot that shows your font selected correctly in the style definition window but incorrectly in the object inspector I will forward it down to the R&D department for review.

Thanks.

Please sent it to support@ca.objectiflune.com at my attention.

#17967 - 03/01/04 03:58 PM Re: Times New Roman not TimbrelCondensed
Mason Offline

Hello Danny,

I would love to be able to send you a screenshot that shows everything, but for some reason when the Style dialog box is open it is the only thing that is captured when doing a screen capture. Anyway, I'll send you the PP4 doc and the font. Let me know if you have any ideas on how to capture the Style dialog box and what is behind it.

Mason

#17968 - 03/10/04 06:33 PM Re: Times New Roman not TimbrelCondensed
Mason Offline

FYI: This issue was because of a corrupted font. After re-installing all fonts, Times New Roman worked properly.

Mason

#17969 - 03/11/04 11:06 AM Re: Times New Roman not TimbrelCondensed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the information.