Topic Options
#18007 - 04/21/04 01:48 PM Error printing on local network port via watch
eboucher Offline

Windows 2000

Cant print (error) on a printer with a local network port.

To reproduce the problem:

Add a new local printer, create a new local port, put your shared printer path there ie: \\printserver\printersharename, choose your printer driver or get it from a driver disk, give any name, dont need to share, do the test page (so you make sure it is working, you're done.

Now, in PlanetWatch config, create a "Windows printer queue" with the newly added printer, right click on it and chose "Print PS test page" to make sure it is working from PlanetWatch Config, create a new watch that monitor a directory, send the data from that directory to the new configured printer, send the new configuration, test the watch by putting some data/txt/PS file in the directory, Voila! Printer folder error!

If you do the same with a "Standar TCP/IP port" instead of a "Local port", it will work.

Keep in mind that ALL other software works OK with that configuration (Local port), even the "PS test page" from "PlanetWatch Configuration".

Any clue?

Eric

#18008 - 04/21/04 03:45 PM Re: Error printing on local network port via watch
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

Sadly, I am unable to reproduce your problem. Here is what I have done:

• I have created a local port printer looking at a shared printer from my coworker PC
  • I sent the status page from Windows
  • I sent a status page from PlanetPress Watch
  • I sent a regular job from PlanetPress Watch

They all worked fine.

I suggest that you check the login of your PlanetPress Watch service to ensure that the user used have the right to that printer.

To do so, please go to Tools-> Configure services.

Hope that helps,

TEAM OL