Topic Options
#18078 - 09/10/04 03:42 PM Out of Memory Error
Ken Stulce Offline
OL Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Hello OL,

I doubt if you can produce this error without having the large config file that I'm working with, but what is happening is whenever I try to save or send config, Watch give me an error box that says that I need to select the server for Image. Once I select the server and try to send or save the config, it will give me the same error. Unfortunately, when I get through about half of the processes, I will get an Out of Memory error and cannot save or send the config. I eventually have to close the configurator and start from scratch. There is well over 50 processes in the config. I'm hoping that if I make the ones that are not in use "Inactive" I will be able to get through the processes to be able to save.

This config is actually a conversion from v3 to v4.

I have some screen shot from a few months ago that I had sent to Jason Baxter of this same problem when we had originally began the conversion. If need be, I can send the screen shots.

Thanks,

Ken Stulce
kstulce@ikon.com
Essex Industries, Inc.
-------------------

#18079 - 09/10/04 04:02 PM Re: Out of Memory Error
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ken,

Use the report an issue button on the top left of the page and send us the version 3 config. We will convert it and see what happens.

Also, I will need the machine specs and your version of PlanetPress Watch.

#18080 - 09/10/04 04:23 PM Re: Out of Memory Error
Ken Stulce Offline
OL Expert

Danny,

I tried the report an issue link, but after filling out the information I get this message: "It is impossible for us to process your issue at this moment. You are therefore invited to call (514) 875-5863 x651 to rectify the situation. Thank you for using our Technical Services!"

I called and received Sarah Kakebeeke's voicemail. Is there another way that I can send you the config? I actually have the v3 config converted to v4 (all of the processes are there), but need to get it to a point where I can save or send the configuration.

The server running v4 is a Windows 2003 server with 2GB of RAM (Yes, 2GB, because of this problem on a couple of months ago), 3.06 GHZ HP Server Proliant ML350 and 2 72.8GB SCSI HOT Swap HDs. It's a very robust system, designed especially for the upgrade to v4.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the v4 software, as per another post. I'm at the most current version of the software. Watch is v4.0.43.1512.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Essex Industries, Inc.
-------------------

#18081 - 09/10/04 04:25 PM Re: Out of Memory Error
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

If you are getting that message than your the serial number you are using is not valid for support services. Please try contacting Sarah again as we can not receive e-mails directly.

#18082 - 09/10/04 04:41 PM Re: Out of Memory Error
Ken Stulce Offline
OL Expert

Danny,

OK, everything taken care of now. Talk to Sarah and she straightened it out for me. I will upload the files momentarily.

Thanks,
Essex Industries, Inc.
-------------------