Topic Options
#22731 - 12/22/05 11:15 AM Image Adding extra email address
dertown Offline

Good Morning.

We have been testing with Image and we have discovered when you use just names for the recipents in Image extra email addresses get added in to the email. This only happens when the file gets passed to outlook.

Why would this happen?

#22732 - 12/30/05 05:51 AM Re: Image Adding extra email address
Adrian Offline
OL Expert

Loc: UK
You don't give enough information to fully understand what is going on. What do you mean by "Use just names". I will try to help by explaining how the machanism works so that hopefully you can work out where you are going wrong.

The "To" field requires either a directly typed e-mail address, a data selection from the data that resolves to an e-mail address or a tick in "Use Documents e-mail address".

You can specify the recipient in two ways. The first involves specifying a data selection in the document as the documents e-mail address under the Archive/email/Fax selection.

The second involves specifying the address directly in the "To" box in Image configuration. This can be an address you type in directly or a data selection from the sample data file that resolves to an address.

You may have a problem if you specify more than one of these methods at the same time.

If you use the first method, if the data file has more than one page and each page has a different e-mail address, you will get all the e-mail addresses placed into the "To" field in Outlook.

You may need to split the data file so that each file sent to image for e-mailing contains the data for just one recipient.

Good luck.

#22733 - 01/12/06 11:31 AM Re: Image Adding extra email address
dertown Offline

Thank you

I have been using outlook exchange for emails. And we have been using the address book names to determine the email addresses. When the email gets sent the Exchange grabs the address of other people as well.

I will just use the actual addresses from now on.

Derek