Topic Options
#22734 - 01/13/06 11:11 AM Landscape TIFF
Lou Pace Offline
OL User

Loc: Bloomfield, New Jersey
Hello,

We have a client who is creating TIFF G4 files with Planet Press Image. They designed the form as a landscape, letter size document. When Image creates the TIFF, it shows up in the viewer rotated 90 degrees. We worked around this by setting the form's paper handling properties to Custom paper size, 11" x 8-1/2, Portrait orientation. My question is why do we have to do this? Why wouldn't just setting the page to Letter size, Landscape orientation work? Does it have something to do with the TIFF image format?

Thanks for your help,

Lou Pace
Application Engineer
The Printer Source Inc.
973-780-0043
pacel@printersource.com

#22735 - 01/20/06 05:00 PM Re: Landscape TIFF
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Lou,

We are currently working on your issue, and we will inform you when we have found a solution.

Regards,
Rapha

#22736 - 01/20/06 05:35 PM Re: Landscape TIFF
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

The orientation of an image in a viewer is dependant on many factors (this is true for any type of image). The size of the pages, what is on the page, the options of the RIP, the options of the viewer itself and there may be others.

However, TIFF images, being rasters, are not usually rotated in viewers. So that means when you create an 8.5x11 page, which is then rotated to show as landscape, this will have no effect in the viewer. However, if you create an 11x8.5 page there is no rotation, so therefore you see it correctly in the viewer.

#22737 - 01/23/06 02:54 PM Re: Landscape TIFF
Lou Pace Offline
OL User

Loc: Bloomfield, New Jersey
Thank you Danny, I'll pass that along to the end user. I appreciate your help

Best regards,

Lou Pace