Topic Options
#23079 - 01/12/06 11:46 AM Search not working
CAREA Offline

Loc: Canada
Hello,

I have recently upgraded to version 5 on Search and ever since then 2 of my installs are not working correctly. When Search is first started there are no criteria to search by in the list and the Search button in greyed out. I tried a Refresh of the database and I got criteria to show in the list and the Search button to enable but I am getting no search results for criteria that I know exists. Then I tried a Rebuild of the DB and then it works. But as soon as I close the application down and restart it later the exact same thing happens. I have 4 installs of Search and 2 of them work just fine and the other 2 do this. They are all the same version (5.0.1.1713) and 1 is on XP Pro and the other 3 are on Win 2000 Pro. At one point I received this error:

"S1011: Error while compacting the database: You attempted to open a DB that is already opened exclusivly by user 'Admin' on machine 'CAREA10'. Try again when the database is available."

Not sure if this is the cause or not but I thought it may help. I have not tried to reinstall the apps as of yet. I wanted to see if this is a known issue with a solution before trying that. As I mentioned above, this only happens on 2 of the 4 installs I have and they are all running the same version.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

#23080 - 01/20/06 10:35 AM Re: Search not working
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you using a single database for all users?

#23081 - 01/20/06 10:39 AM Re: Search not working
CAREA Offline

Loc: Canada
Each PC has its own DB which is pulling the data from the same network location.

After updating to the newest version (5.2) it seems to be working. I would, however, like to know any possible reasons why it wasn't working before. The weird thing was I had 4 identical installs but only 2 worked??? Strange.

But, like I said, they are all working now but it would be nice to have an explaination, if possible, as to why it wasn't before.

Thanks.

Moderator:  cosimo, OL Newsgroup Support