Topic Options
#23088 - 04/25/06 10:47 AM Version 3 to 5
Jamie McDirmid Offline

Loc: Jensen Distribution Services
We're currently in the processes of upgrading to Version 5 from 3.

I've setup the SQL database and rebuilt it with the images we currently had (already processed in version 3). No problems, it works SO much better than version 3...

Next, I want to switch it, so new images are automatically archived in search when they run through the Image process.

I took our invoices to start out with. The issue was, instead of adding it to the already created Invoice records in the SQL database, it made a new table.

Is there anyway to append them to an already existing table, and search setup?

#23089 - 04/25/06 07:18 PM Re: Version 3 to 5
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Jamie,

Did you make sure the form you are using has the same name as the old one from version 3? If the name is different, then Search will take it as a second table, and not append the original one.

If that doesn't solve your problem, it would perhaps be better if you open a support issue for your problem, so we can have a closer look at it. You can go to "Report an issue via the Web" to the left of this page, and then open a new issue. Upload your Watch process, as well as your database and any other files you may be using, and this will allow us to have a closer look at your problem.

Regards,
Rapha

#23090 - 04/26/06 03:41 PM Re: Version 3 to 5
Jamie McDirmid Offline

Loc: Jensen Distribution Services
Hmmm, I think that might be it.

With version 3, it seemed to have taken the file name of the form, and used that.

With version 5, it now looks like it takes the form name.

Thanks, I'll check it out further.

EDIT:

I went ahead and made sure each form had a form name assigned in properties, and made sure it matched what the form was archived under Vesion 3.

Everything looks good, I'm now appending to a previously built table rathern than making a new one, thanks!

Moderator:  cosimo, OL Newsgroup Support