Topic Options
#23258 - 07/27/07 12:03 PM LPD Question version 3 to 5
jeff brauer Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Okay, so we are a little slow about upgrading, but version 3 has worked great for us!! We installed version 5 and was totally lost and still lost. But we need to move to version 5 now since activating some new printers is not working on version 3.

We use PP to collect reports from a AS/400 to print the reports. The LPD works great on Version 3. But when I try to disable version 3 and start version 5 LPD, the reports will not print. When I turn off ver 5 and start ver 3 the report(s) will print out.

How do I correctly turn off ver3 LPD server and turn on ver5 LPD server so I can receive reports?

thanks,

Jeff

#23259 - 07/27/07 02:43 PM Re: LPD Question version 3 to 5
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are a number of reasons why this may occur:

- make sure the queue name is correct

- first of all, ensure in Tools-User Options-LPD that you have Log all Winsock and network messages, as well as No source port range restriction checked. Also in the same menu ensure the Time-out is set to a reasonable amount of time.

- if you have windows TCP/IP print service running and you are also using PlanetPress LPD service, you must shut it down.

- check the firewall settings

If you are still unable to resolve please open an issue internally by clicking on Report an Issue.

Thank you,
Tamara
Team OL

Moderator:  MartinD, OL Newsgroup Support