Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#24174 - 12/03/07 09:34 AM Text wrap(any 1 do return address labels)
mminter@curtis Offline

Is there a way to turn off and on text wrapping inside a text box?
Printing return Address labels,
When I have a text box set to 4 lines(so text shrinks) when address is to long.
And the next record is 3 lines and long it wraps what do I do?
I cant wrap a address line confused eek

#24175 - 12/04/07 03:31 AM Re: Text wrap(any 1 do return address labels)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Disabling text wrapping in that way is not possible. In case there are larger differences in total text, work arounds can be used like multiple text boxes of different sizes, and filling one or the other depending on total text size.

#24176 - 12/10/07 01:17 PM Re: Text wrap(any 1 do return address labels)
Raven@Curtis Offline

Loc: Minnesota, USA
We have tried more then work around and none of them really work. They will not keep the text centered vertically. Also if you make a box for each line and every line does not shrink then you have multiple text sizes.

#24177 - 12/12/07 11:15 AM Re: Text wrap(any 1 do return address labels)
sellis Offline
OL Newbie

You could link multiple text boxes of set sizes using the link (chain) button.

#24178 - 12/12/07 03:30 PM Re: Text wrap(any 1 do return address labels)
Raven@Curtis Offline

Loc: Minnesota, USA
Unfortunately we need the Copy Fitting feature. The customers want shorter names to be larger or half of the label would be empty and off-balanced. Also if we do multiple boxes they are no longer centered vertically on the labels with only three lines of text.

#24179 - 03/13/08 12:10 PM Re: Text wrap(any 1 do return address labels)
Jon Hill Offline

Loc: Santa Ana, California
I know this is an older post, but I am also having the same issue. We are printing a postcard that looks like a Web Search page. In the "Search Bar" I have placed a variable text line that incorporates Information about each addressee. Some information is only two or three words, but others are quite long with 8 to 10 words. I have sized the box to accomodate a single line of text at 24pt. I then set 'Reduce Font Size' to "Yes" and 'Minimum Font Size' to 8pt. The goal is, if the text is too long for the variable text box, shrink the text size to fit. What is happening is, if the text is more than two words too long at 24pt, the text size will shrink and properly fit as one line in the text box. BUT, if the text is only one or two words too long, THE TEXT WILL WRAP into two lines at 24pt showing ONLY the bottom half of the top line and the top half of the bottom line!!! This renders the entire text unreadable for that record! This has affected up to 25 percent of my 10,000 piece postcard job. Yes I reformatted, split the file, and re-ran the job as separate versions, thus increasing everybody's work time and reducing our company's already slim profit margin to make our valuable client happy.

I REALLY need the option to turn Text Wrap off while maintaining the 'Reduce Font Size' function. I do have several upcoming jobs that this will be NEEDED for. Please create the enhancement and update PSM.

#24180 - 03/13/08 01:12 PM Re: Text wrap(any 1 do return address labels)
Douglas Offline

Check List:

* What is your Leading set to? Highlight textbox > Text > Leading. Should be set to Single Spacing

* Are there multiple "hard returns" in the textbox? Make sure there is a only one "hard return" character the right side of the text field/fields. (View > Formatting Marks)

* Try making the heigth of the text box shorter. Tall enough for the 24 size font.

Let me know if this helps

#24181 - 03/13/08 05:28 PM Re: Text wrap(any 1 do return address labels)
Jon Hill Offline

Loc: Santa Ana, California
Leading is set to Single Spacing.

No hard returns, it is meant to be just one line.

The text box is as tight as I can get it for the 24pt font size.

I was, however, able to "trick" the software by adding 4 static characters at the end of the line. I added "ABCD" after the merge field and changed the font color of the "ABCD" to 'White' so it does not show on the page. It does throw the merged text a bit off center, but having the static text at the end does seem to keep the text from wrapping. The client is ok with that on the next run.

I would still like to see an enhancement that enables the user to turn off Text Wrapping please.

#24182 - 03/13/08 05:55 PM Re: Text wrap(any 1 do return address labels)
Douglas Offline

You may get the same effect by putting (4) spaces after the field. Instead of the static text.

We have noted this enhancement request.

#24183 - 06/12/08 12:25 PM Re: Text wrap(any 1 do return address labels)
Sander vd Berg Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune NL
The option to turn off wrapping has been implemented in PSM 6.2 (only available in the context of copy fitting).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >