Topic Options
#24206 - 04/23/08 07:08 AM PM6 bug: dissappearing text
studioj Offline

Loc: USA
Has anyone else run across this? In PM6 when a variable data string exceeds a certain length, the end of the string just seems to get truncated. By length, I'm not talking characters, length seems to be a physical length as I can have longer strings with smaller typefaces that have more characters than strings with fewer characters and larger typefaces all showing the same bug. I've been able to repeat this with multiple databases and multiple PDF designs using multiple fonts so I'm pretty certain that it's not just an anomaly. The magic lengths seems to be about 80% of the dimension of the page that I'm working on. For instance on an 8.5" wide postcard, the magic length where things disappear is about 6.8". Changing the size of my text box has no affect. Anyone else seeing this or have a workaround?

#24207 - 04/23/08 12:10 PM Re: PM6 bug: dissappearing text
Raven@Curtis Offline

Loc: Minnesota, USA
Are you talking about when you print or on your screen? If it is when you are printing it is probably out side of the print margin range of your printer or driver. If it is on screen I have never seen that myself.

#24208 - 04/25/08 04:18 AM Re: PM6 bug: dissappearing text
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not sure what exactly happens, but I haven't come across similar reports. Can you send a .zip file containing a sample document, sample data and if needed other resources to support -at- printshopmail.com ?

I have tried here with some large strings, but haven't seen the issue.

#24209 - 06/12/08 02:55 AM Re: PM6 bug: dissappearing text
Sander vd Berg Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune NL
This is a known issue if the text box is rotated. The text is clipped if it would not fit inside the printable area in its unrotated state.

If this is the case, a workaround might be to change your page setup to landscape to avoid having to rotate the text.