Topic Options
#24268 - 09/24/08 01:39 PM Variable page qtys per data record
cheeriokid Offline

Hi all-

I am trying to figure out how to go about setting up a job where the data may have a variable quantity of prints required per data record. For instance, let's say I have a spreadsheet with a list of names - John wants 5, Mary wants 7, Jim wants 2, Jane wants 10 - the quantities would be numerical part of my data.

Is this possible? Is this clear? I may not be using the proper terminology here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Brett

#24269 - 09/24/08 02:09 PM Re: Variable page qtys per data record
Benoit Potvin Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Montréal, Canada
Hi,

The following works if you want to change the number of times a layout must print according to a value found in a datafield of the current record:

1. Open your PrintShop Mail document.

2. Select the 'Layouts' panel and click on the layout you want to repeat. The corresponding layout properties should appear in the properties window.

3. Left click on the right side of the property called 'Number of copies'. This should open the Expression editor.

4. In the Expression editor, replace the default value (1) by the datafield that contains the number of copies. To do this, just double click on the corresponding datafield, available at the lower right part of the expression editor. Also, in order for the field to be used as a number, you will have to apply function VAL() to the datafield value. For example, if the datafield appears as [numberOfCopies] in the Expression Editor, then the expression that actually gives the number of copies should be: VAL([numberOfCopies])

Hope this helps!

Benoit

#24270 - 09/26/08 09:48 AM Re: Variable page qtys per data record
cheeriokid Offline

Thanks Benoit - I'll give that a try.
Brett