Topic Options
#24271 - 10/03/08 05:58 PM Pages or data missing when printing
ABTinc Offline

Loc: Lake Geneva, WI
I am running PSM 6.0.2 and am having a problem with pages or data missing when it goes to print. For example today I printed two different jobs with 1,500 pieces, one job was missing records 602 to 905 and the other job was missing records 1-215. I didnt have any errors or blank pages. I have also noticed in other jobs that I will show data on the PC during setup but when printing hat same data never printed. I am running PSM on Ricoh 2090's, 2105's, and a Bizhub C250 and run into this problem on all three units. Has anyone this problem???

#24272 - 10/07/08 03:34 PM Re: Pages or data missing when printing
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
ABTinc,

This kind of problems could have multiple causes. Here's some suggestions:
- Try upgrading to 6.1.2, the latest version.
- How large is your job? If it's big files, and you have large images inside the form, try removing them and see if it works better, just as a test. It's possible that it could be a ressources issue. Or, if the images were pdf files, they sometimes cause problems, and maybe you can try converting them to TIFF instead.
- Try splitting your job. You can do this when you do File->Print. For example, if you split the job every 100 records, does it work better?

These are tricks to try. And of course, make sure you use the latest drivers for your printers, as PSM takes a lot of settings from them, and using the wrong drivers could make jobs fail or behave oddly.

Let us know if any of this works!

Regards,
Rapha

#24273 - 10/08/08 03:11 PM Re: Pages or data missing when printing
ABTinc Offline

Rapheal,
I have put in for the 6.1.2 upgrade.
-Yes the files are large but they are just letters with data being merged, no images. The last job I just ran today had about 9,000 records in it. The PSM template split an 8.5 x 11 into 4 panels. After the job printed and I started to go trough sort the print job I found around 50 pieces were missing from each of the four stacks.
-I also have a call into my printer company to ensure I hae the correct drivers.

#24274 - 10/08/08 05:14 PM Re: Pages or data missing when printing
OL Expert

You have no images, yet the form is large? Then perhaps there is something wrong with the way you setup your PSM form. I suggest you open a technical support issue, and you upload your form, so that we can look at it and figure out what's wrong with it.

Go to our main web page, then to Services->Support->Report an Issue. Once you get an issue, upload your psm form, your database and we will assist you.

Regards,
Rapha

#24275 - 02/03/09 05:28 PM Re: Pages or data missing when printing
ABTinc Offline

Raphael,
Do you consider a PDF a image?
Kevin

#24276 - 02/04/09 09:57 AM Re: Pages or data missing when printing
OL Expert

Yes, PDF is considered an image. In fact, it's one of the format that can sometimes cause issues, since it has PostScript code that is merged with the PSM document's own code. I would actually try to take away that PDF, and see if it prints correctly. If it does work, then maybe try to regenerate the PDF, or to convert it to another format, such as TIFF.

Regards,
Rapha

#24277 - 02/04/09 10:03 AM Re: Pages or data missing when printing
Anonymous
Unregistered

What you also can do is: print to file and check if all pages are there by distilling it in acrobat. If there are errors during distilling, that might help us to find the cause.

It seems a variable object (mostly an image) is causing this since part of the job is printing fine.