Topic Options
#24281 - 10/10/08 02:34 PM Runtime Error
kingzebra Offline

I got this error whenever I try to open Printshop Mail:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error

Program: C:\Program Files\Printshop Mail 6.1\PSMail.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information."

I tried reinstall the software a couple of times but it still shows up. Any idea?

#24282 - 10/10/08 02:41 PM Re: Runtime Error
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
kingzebra,

It could be related to an incompatible printer driver, as PSM loads data from the default printer on your system. Try changing the default printer on your system to another PostScript printer. Does it work?

Another thing: do you have the Windows Service Pack 3? If you do, then I would suggest you try uninstalling it, and see if the application works better after that.

Regards,
Rapha

#24283 - 10/14/08 11:39 AM Re: Runtime Error
kingzebra Offline

I tried after change the default printers. We are running two Xerox DC240 and two 1141. I tried all of them but still get the same error message. And we are running SP2,didn't install sp3. confused

#24284 - 09/09/09 12:03 PM Re: Runtime Error
KMBill Offline

Loc: Michigan
Has a solution for the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error been determined.
I'm getting the exact message.

Windows XP with SP2

Thanks

#24285 - 09/14/09 10:53 AM Re: Runtime Error
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
KMBill,

I don't believe there is a solution for this particular error. A VC++ error could have many causes.

As I suggested, try maybe reinstalling your default printer queue, and make sure you use a PostScript printer. Reason is that PSM takes many paper settings options from the driver, and using an incompatible driver can cause problems, errors and sometimes even crashes. If that doesn't help, try maybe reinstalling PSM. Make sure you download the latest 6.1.3 version.

If none of this works, then I suggest you open a technical support issue, so that we can investigate this further, and possibly escalate it if needed. You can go to our main web page, then Services->Support->Report an Issue.

Regards,
Rapha