Topic Options
#24407 - 11/04/08 04:18 PM DIRECTSMILE PLUG IN
ourtown Offline

Loc: Tampa, Fl USA
I like the DS plug in where it looks like sand ect for the given text. I am trying to set up a proof of concept for an idea I had with it but can't get the thing to work? I have the item in my side bar but when I 'click to edit' it says disconnected and there is nothing I can do. Looked easier in the tutorial video. Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Thanks

#24408 - 11/04/08 10:40 PM Re: DIRECTSMILE PLUG IN
Bas - NY, USA Offline

Loc: Bloomfield, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by ourtown:
I have the item in my side bar but when I 'click to edit' it says disconnected and there is nothing I can do.
Hi Ourtown,

You need to download and install DirectSmile first. You can get a demo version from their website http://www.directsmile.us. The software package you need is called "Creator Pro". Once it's installed, just run it and keep it running in the background. Start PrintShop Mail and click the little envelope icon, then doubleclick the DS image placeholder. This should bring up the DS image selection screen.

#24409 - 11/06/08 10:45 AM Re: DIRECTSMILE PLUG IN
ourtown Offline

Awesome! Works now. thanks for the help.

#24410 - 11/06/08 11:25 AM Re: DIRECTSMILE PLUG IN
ourtown Offline

NOW I HAVE IT BUT WANT TO PRINT A TEST BUT KEEP GETTING PRINTING FAILED TO INITIALIZE. IF I PRINT WITHOUT THE DIRECT SMILE PLUG USING ANOTHER PSM LAYOUT FILE IT IS FINE?