Topic Options
#24446 - 07/29/09 09:19 PM Colouring selected text
kenny Offline

Loc: Melbourne
I have a variable text box that contains a variable field folowed by constant words. I want to change the colour of just one of these words to tie in with the look of similar phrases in the rest of the copy.

When I select that word and change the colour via the format bar or via the Text menu, all the text, both variable and constant, in the box changes to that colour.

Yet according to the User Guide p 36, the last para in Add Text (before the final Mac OS para), states "You can change the text style (for example, font name, size, colour and style properties) of any part of the text object ..."

#24447 - 07/30/09 11:37 AM Re: Colouring selected text
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Kenny,

Is the color you're using a CMYK color? Currently, there is a limitation where having multiple colors in a text box will only work with RGB colors, not CMYK. This is due to the nature of the text objects, and this isn't something they can easily fix, so I'm not sure if it's in their plans to fix it for the next release or not.

Using RGB colors instead of CMYK is the way to go if you want to have multiple colors in one text box.

Regards,
Rapha

#24448 - 07/30/09 01:32 PM Re: Colouring selected text
Sander vd Berg Online   content
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune NL
The next version of PSM (scheduled to be released in September) will no longer have that limitation.

#24449 - 07/30/09 05:39 PM Re: Colouring selected text
kenny Offline

Loc: Melbourne
Rapha