Topic Options
#24459 - 10/19/09 03:13 AM How to data set to Japanese postal barcode
hirot Offline
OL User

Loc: Japan
I using latest barcode plug-in that support japanese postal code.

What should be set as input data ?

confused

I tried address data and Zip code as input data but that does not work correctly.

How to set data in this case ?

#24460 - 10/19/09 04:35 AM Re: How to data set to Japanese postal barcode
Sander vd Berg Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune NL
The Barcode plug-in is based on a library from TEC-IT. You can find the reference manual here: http://www.tec-it.com/download/PDF/Barcode_Reference_EN.pdf.

According to that document the input data should consist of a Postal code (no hyphen '-') + Address B (no space between).

For example, for Postal code "2730102" and Address "3-20-5B604": "27301023-20-5B604".

At this time we only support Direct Encoding Mode.

#24461 - 10/20/09 03:51 AM Re: How to data set to Japanese postal barcode
hirot Offline
OL User

Loc: Japan
Sander,

Cannot "Extraction Mode" be used ?
It is necessary to add processing that makes Address B from the real address when it cannot be used, and it is inconvenient.

Can we use such as user convert function in PSM?

#24462 - 10/20/09 09:52 AM Re: How to data set to Japanese postal barcode
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Hiro,

I've sent you an email, but I'll post here as well so that others can read it.

It is possible to create your own functions in PSM using javascript, so if you know how to code in javascript, you could make a custom function for your barcode.

Though the feature is undocummented, there are some examples available in the "Expressions, Functions and Databases" section of the forum. Here's one with a "INT_FIXED":
http://www.objectiflune.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=75;t=000038

Since there's no tutorials or anything, it's best to take an existing macro and modify it to suit your needs.

It's a very powerful feature that makes a lot of things possible in PSM, though it's important to understand that this is not officially supported, so you use these macros at your own risks. If they do not work, there is nothing we can do.

Regards,
Rapha