Topic Options
#24466 - 11/09/09 04:22 AM Printing/Reading Barcode 128
Caballero Offline
OL Newbie

Hi,
I am trying to print a barcode 128 from a database field. The field only exists of string of numbers.
When i print it, it looks fine to the eye. But our barcode reader does not read the barcode at all.
Can someone help me?

#24467 - 11/09/09 10:59 AM Re: Printing/Reading Barcode 128
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Caballero,

Assuming you are using valid code 128 data, there's a couple of things that could affect whether the barcode will be readable or not, and it can depend on your reader. Some readers are "smarter" and will read barcodes more easily, while others a more picky. Here's a couple of things that could affect readability:
- The size of the barcode. Some readers will have problems reading a barcode that is too big or too small. Try increasing the size of the barcode(or decrease it if it's very big), and see if it works better.
- The printer's quality. Some printers prints too light or too dark, and that could affect whether the barcode is readable or not. Try playing with related settings on your printer, see if you can adjust the print quality options. You could also try printing on a different printer.

Of course, that's assuming the data is valid code 128 data in the first place. Make sure your data doesn't contains unknown characters that could mess up the barcode. If unsure, try making a code 128 with some static data that you know will be valid, and see if that works.

Let us know if any of this helps!

Regards,
Rapha

#24468 - 11/10/09 02:09 AM Re: Printing/Reading Barcode 128
Caballero Offline
OL Newbie

Hi Rapha