Topic Options
#26569 - 01/27/09 03:49 AM Problems with much Objects ?
Niels_infosy Offline

Loc: Italia
Hello,

me again. I really tried to fix the problem by my own, without success.

I have a page with al lot of Objects and groups(and groups in groups and so on).

As bigger the document becomes, more and more often i can't choose some objects on the page for example to change its postion by drag and drop.

In the section manipulation i choose true and both / both. The Object has no parent, it is on the first level in the tree and it can also be the first element in the pagetree.

I can't find any property of the Object (for example a simple text) that includes this behaviour.

In the proprties of the page is notinght to find too.

Is it because there are to much objects on the side?

Thanx a lot
Niels

#26570 - 01/27/09 10:06 AM Re: Problems with much Objects ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

When a design object is part of a group, clicking on it in the Workspace will select the group. In order to select the object and not the group (to change its position for instance), you will have to select it first from the Document Structure.

Regards,

Benoit

#26571 - 01/27/09 10:23 AM Re: Problems with much Objects ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can also change the way an object is selectable by going to Tools/User Options/Behaviour/Miscellaneous/Object Selection Mode.

For example, consider a box object. When Object Selection Mode is set to Pixel, you will have to click on the box border in order to select it. When Object Selection Mode is set to Bounding Box, clicking anywhere inside the box will select it.

Hope it helps!

Ben