Topic Options
#29552 - 08/20/07 07:14 AM Server v6 Upgrade
jay@lewis Offline

Loc: Glasgow, Scotland
Hi there,

I've downloaded and installed v6.

On the software activation page there was no "server" activation only and upgrade for "watch", which I actived.

Prior to activating the software, I was seeing the Server splash screen, now after running the activation I'm seeing the watch splash screen?

I know server replaced watch, but now I'm a bit confused as to what I should seeing, server or watch?

Thanks,

J.

#29553 - 08/20/07 10:16 AM Re: Server v6 Upgrade
maria Offline
OL User

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello,
An upgrade to PlanetPress Server from PlanetPress Watch license needs to be purchased to activate PlanetPress Server. Please follow the procedure below:

Code:
Upgrading to PlanetPress Server 6 from PlanetPress Watch 4 or 5

This document describes the procedure to follow for a successful upgrade to PlanetPress Server 6 (only valid if the product upgrade is performed on the same workstation as PlanetPress Watch). 

IMPORTANT: A new activation is required to activate the PlanetPress Server.

-	From the workstation where PlanetPress Watch Version 4 or 5 is installed, run the PlanetPress Suite 6 Setup.exe.  (From a CD or via our Download link on our website) 
-	Select and Install the PlanetPress Server 6 program from the setup (or PlanetPress Watch 6 depending on if you are installing from a PlanetPress Suite 6 CD or from our website). You must also select any other products you wish to upgrade.
-	Once the installation is complete, open one of the PlanetPress Suite 6 applications.  The 

Moderator:  OL Newsgroup Cust. Care