Topic Options
#29594 - 06/16/08 03:47 PM how to rerun the upgrade wizard
paugust Offline

Loc: Oshkosh, WI
I am upgrading my pc from planet press design 5 to version 6. The upgrade wizard ran the first time but I put the wrong serial number in there from 6 instead of 5. How do I rerun the upgrade wizard so that it works properly?

#29595 - 06/16/08 03:56 PM Re: how to rerun the upgrade wizard
paugust Offline

Loc: Oshkosh, WI
I found it under the tools menu in design 6. Please delete this topic. Thanks,
Pete

#29596 - 09/26/08 07:10 PM Re: how to rerun the upgrade wizard
diegom Offline
OL Newbie

Is there any way to run the Upgrade Wizard between two computers?
We're running our production system (PP5) on an aging system. My plan was to do a fresh install of PP6 on a new machine, and then import all forms, Watch jobs, etc, from the PP50.

Whenever I try to run the Upgrade Wizard, I get a "none of these were found in your system"...

I don't feel comfortable enough to upgrade the old machine to PP6 and then try to create an image to restore to the new one.

Every admin knows how painful it is when we have to replace hardware... I'm trying to find the simplest way.

Thanks!

Diego

#29597 - 09/29/08 09:42 AM Re: how to rerun the upgrade wizard
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
diegom,

If you install pp6 on a machine that doesn't already have pp5, the upgrade wizard will not work. You'll have to manually import your version 5 files. For the forms and watch config, it's as simple as File->Open, and then select pp5 in Design, or pw5 in Watch. You'll be able to open your files this way, and then you can recompile your forms.

If you wish to copy the already compiled forms, you can find them in \Program Files\PlanetPress Suite 5\PlanetPress Watch\Documents of your version 5 machine. You'll have to copy the content of the Documents folder to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Objectif Lune\PlanetPress Suite 6\PlanetPress Watch\Documents folder of your version 6 machine. After than, when you open your watch config in v6, all documents will be there.

By the way, you do not have to uninstall version 5 to use version 6. Though only one Watch service can run at one time, both can exist on your machine. So you could install v6 on your v5 machine, and if it doesn't work, you can uninstall it and revert to v5 easily.

Regards,
Rapha

#29598 - 09/29/08 09:46 AM Re: how to rerun the upgrade wizard
maria Offline
OL User

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
The upgrade to Version 6 will also need to be activated as you are installing a new workstation.

Please contact our activation department for a license transfer
activations@ca.objectiflune.com

Regards,

Moderator:  OL Newsgroup Cust. Care