Topic Options
#29618 - 07/15/09 08:20 AM Remote Printer License
ForteData Offline
OL Toddler

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Hello,

We currently print booklets on local Konica Minolta bizhubs C6500 and 1050. One of our customers who also has a C6500 wants to print the booklets at their shop instead of having us mail them there to save time.

Is there a way for us to get the magic number for their printer remotely, so we can add their license to our PlanetPress? If I send a Printer Status page to file, email it to them to send to the printer, will that suffice to get the Magic Number for a Printer License?

Thanks,

David Bruce

#29619 - 07/15/09 04:16 PM Re: Remote Printer License
maria Offline
OL User

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
Hi,
We have an application available on our website called StatusPage X, which will allow you to print a Status Page, without having to send it via PlanetPress Design.

The application is found in the Resource Center section of our website under Downloads (see Other Useful Downloads) or directly via this link:
.http://www.objectiflune.com/OL/en-CA/Download/DownloadCenter.aspx?Product=PlanetPress&Cat=MiscTool#1

Note: A printer license is required to activate a new printer.
If you need any additional information on this, you can contact your reseller or local Objectif Lune sales office.

Regards,
Maria

#29620 - 07/15/09 04:23 PM Re: Remote Printer License
ForteData Offline
OL Toddler

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Thanks, Maria-

Seeing as we have the same printer here, I opened Design, chose Printer Status Page and sent to file, then had the remote user send it to their printer. The Magic Number should be the same as running StatusPageX, shouldn't it?

I'm doing this so we can get the Printer Activation for their printer.

Thanks,

David

Moderator:  OL Newsgroup Cust. Care