Topic Options
#29652 - 09/06/07 03:23 PM VMWare Support
MarkH Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Hartford, Connecticut
Will Press Suite 6.1 (or a later version) support VMware?

#29653 - 09/06/07 03:49 PM Re: VMWare Support
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
Mark,

We haven't yet issued a full certification statement for VMWare because of the sheer scope of tests that have to be performed. We're hoping to be able to issue that statement in the coming weeks. Fortunately, it doesn't have to be tied to a specific version like V6.1 so don't worry if it isn't timed with the upcoming release.

One of the changes we introduced in Version 6 that went largely unnoticed was in our End-User License Agreement... (everybody reads those religiously, right?!?)...

But seriously, we did modify the EULA to explicitely state that running under virtual environments (as long as it's one instance at a time for each license) was no longer considered a breach of contract.That was a necessary first step in the whole process.

Once we officially support VMWare, we'll be publishing an FAQ with the Do's and Dont's of running PPSuite with it.

Hope that answers your question,

#29654 - 09/06/07 04:01 PM Re: VMWare Support
MarkH Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Hartford, Connecticut
Thanks for the speedy reply!

And I must have "missed" that when I installed the trial version of 6.... smile

#29655 - 06/26/08 01:27 PM Re: VMWare Support
Uomo Del Ghiaccio Offline
OL Expert

Any updates on VMWare Support?

#29656 - 06/30/08 10:08 AM Re: VMWare Support
Anonymous
Unregistered

Uomo,

VMWare is officially supported as a platform for PlanetPress Suite 6.1 and higher. Please note that other virtualization products, such as Microsoft Virtual PC or Parallels Workstation, are not supported.

Regards,

Olivier Joubert

#29657 - 03/11/09 12:08 PM Re: VMWare Support
dan kelly Offline

Loc: Sheboygan, WI
I would like to create a VMWare backup of our Planet Press server running v6.1.02824. I have converted the computer to a VMWare instance, but when I open PP it gives me an error that the license has expired.