Topic Options
#29675 - 10/26/07 11:00 AM Data Pane refresh
Azamat Offline

Loc: UK
There are 2 features I would like to request;

1) When using XML with a design document the view in the data pane resets itself (all branches are set open) every time an object is opened - this is very frustrating. When using a large XML file I always loose my place within it and have to spend ages navigating back through it again to the position I was at before.

Can this be switched off somehow so that the view in the data pane remains unchanged.

2) Some way of dragging data selections from the data pane would be fantastic when inside the text object editor. Currently the only way to add data selections is to right click which can be time consuming. Similarly, drag and drop functionality for global variables would be great.

Cheers.

#29676 - 10/26/07 06:46 PM Re: Data Pane refresh
Philippe F. Online   content
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
Azamat,

Both suggestions are very good. We are aware of the annoyances with the XML navigation and we'll definitely work on improving it.

As for the drag&drop functionality into the text object, it's problematic given the current structure of the application (the Object Properties dialog boxes are all modal, which means they "capture" the focus of all mouse and keyboard actions). However, I'm sure we can find a way to improve the user experience in order to minimize the number of operations required for adding variable data.

We are constantly working on improving the UI in order to make document design more accessible and user-friendly, so don't despair!

Thanks for your suggestions, and keep them coming!

#29677 - 10/31/07 06:21 AM Re: Data Pane refresh
Azamat Offline

Loc: UK
I'll keep an eye out for any changes then. Cheers.