Topic Options
#29772 - 02/06/09 06:11 PM Import PDF broken out into its parts
franklin Offline
OL Toddler

I receive PDFs - mostly 1 or two page forms/shells that show a composite view of what the document should look like when it is done including variable place holders.

It would be a great thing if PlanetPress could import the PDF not as a graphic but break it out into the components. The text boxes being text boxes with text in them and the graphics being objects. This way the variable in the middle of the PDF paragraph could simply be replaced with the variable instead of retyping the paragraph and perfectly placing it in the document and possible running into flow issues. The PDF can be imported this Way via GMC's software for years, I was hoping that Maybe you are working on this.

#29773 - 02/07/09 03:37 PM Re: Import PDF broken out into its parts
Philippe F. Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
We are indeed working on a similar solution. Not exactly as you request it, but the same results can be achieved very easily.
Announcements about the upcoming version of PlanetPress will be made soon, so stay tuned to our web site!