Topic Options
#29995 - 11/26/07 09:27 AM Files not getting correct permissions
airwin Offline

Loc: Etobicoke
Since upgrade from V5 to V6.1 the PDF files that are created via the Watch process in Image are not getting the same permission as before or the permissions of the folder. Can anyone suggest what I check to fix this.

#29996 - 11/26/07 03:55 PM Re: Files not getting correct permissions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

This is a known issue. The work around for now is to just copy the PDF files to another folder. When you do this, the file will take its parents permissions. So you can setup a watch process to pick them up (the PDFs) and then move then to another folder with the permissions you want (on the folder itself, the PDF will pull down those permissions).

#29997 - 11/27/07 06:55 AM Re: Files not getting correct permissions
airwin Offline

Loc: Etobicoke
Thanks for the info, I found that if I selected the new files with older file with the correct security in Windows Explorer then right clicked and selected the security tab, it would warn me that the files did not have the same permissions and would I like to make them the same. Just as an alternate way. Any idea when the problem will be fixed, also do you have a sample of the watch process that would do the copy.

#29998 - 11/27/07 11:00 AM Re: Files not getting correct permissions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

A sample Watch process would just be a folder capture for the input and a folder output. Once the file is copied from one folder to the other, the permissions will be reset.

While the issue is in our bug list, at the moment we do not have an estimate as to when this issue will be fixed.