Topic Options
#30027 - 11/10/08 02:43 PM New Version of Planet Press
rpoenaru Offline

Loc: Brampton, ON, Canada
When is scheduled for release the new version of Planet Press?

#30028 - 11/10/08 03:36 PM Re: New Version of Planet Press
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
rpoenaru,

If everything goes well, early 2009. However, any delays could happen at any times, so it is not guaranteed that it will be at that date.

Regards,
Rapha

#30029 - 11/11/08 10:26 AM Re: New Version of Planet Press
Philippe F. Online   content
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune, Montreal, Qc
Please note that no specific target date has been set yet for the next release of PlanetPress Suite.
Objectif Lune will make a public statement about the release date as soon as the decision has been made. The announcement will be posted on the main web site, not in these Forums.

#30030 - 01/06/09 05:42 AM Re: New Version of Planet Press
E-script Europe B.V. Offline

Loc: Oss, The Netherlands
Is the new version Vista compliant ( PP Design at least ? )

Greetings,

Coen Harbers
E-script Europe B.V.
The Netherlands.

#30031 - 01/06/09 09:25 AM Re: New Version of Planet Press
OL Expert

Coen,

Though Vista support is in the list of features to implement, right now, there is no official statement regarding Vista compatibility.

That said, the current Design tool actually works fine in Vista for the most part, you will be able to design forms just fine. It's mostly when quitting the program that you'll get an error, you may be forced to use task manager to kill it, but it should work fine for the purpose of creating forms.

Regards,
Rapha

#30032 - 01/14/09 04:26 AM Re: New Version of Planet Press
E-script Europe B.V. Offline

Loc: Oss, The Netherlands
I hope the end-of-program problem will be fixed in the new version. Vista is used (forced by Microsoft) more and more for professional use, and we couldn't order Win XP Pro workstations when we founded our company.

I open and close Design 10~25 times a day. It's just annoying to use taskmgr to close it.

And from a programmers way of thinking closing a program/process isn't that hard ??

Good luck programming the new version and hopefully it's ready soon.

#30033 - 01/23/09 03:36 PM Re: New Version of Planet Press
Charles M Berry Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: Portland, Maine
wow, it's going to be real sad if Windows 7 is released before Vista is supported! Checking this site weekly for an update is getting tedious.

#30034 - 03/20/09 12:20 PM Re: New Version of Planet Press
Rogelio Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: California
newsflash! it's early 2009 now!!!

haha just kidding. but I'm dyin to get my hands on some bug fixes.

Does te next update handle XML text files better than the current 6.2?

Let me know if you need a beta tester!

#30035 - 03/20/09 12:48 PM Re: New Version of Planet Press
OL Expert

Rogelio,

Not sure what you are asking for. As far as I know, XML files are correctly handled in 6.2. Are you referring to a specific problem you're having? If so, which one?

Regards,
Rapha

#30036 - 03/20/09 05:54 PM Re: New Version of Planet Press
Rogelio Offline
OL Newbie

Loc: California
well currently planet press's handling of XML is a little hit and miss.

For example, I made a program that makes an XML file that planet press design uses to make a form layout. We started noticing that planet press watch would take the xml file, and then just output the archived file, without ever creating a PDF, but still taking just as long to process it.

as it turned out, planet press watch couldn't handing XML files too large, otherwise it would do this.

I had to make my program chop the XML into pieces. Now, depending on the planet press design form used, the file sometimes needs to be cut up into piece of 1.6 MB each, or other times it can handle up to 26 MB each. You just have to keep trying until you reach an XML file size that works.

every customer with a different form is a different number.

I've already called about this problem so I know there is no real way to fix this, but I was hoping the new version might have some memory leaks fixed (which might be why this is happening) or improved XML file handling that could fix this problem.