Topic Options
#30058 - 10/28/09 03:49 PM Planet Press Search
Jane Strebel Offline

Loc: Creve Coeur, MO
I am using Planet Press Watch (6.2.1) and outputing log files of PDFs that I would like to do searches on. I see information on Planet Press Search, but cannot locate it. I installed the Planet Press Suite and cannot find Planet Press Search. How do I get it?

#30059 - 10/28/09 04:03 PM Re: Planet Press Search
Anonymous
Unregistered

PlanetPress Search is a plug-in to adobe reader. If you open acrobat on your machine, you should have an option for PlanetPress Search.

#30060 - 10/30/09 03:10 PM Re: Planet Press Search
Jane Strebel Offline

Loc: Creve Coeur, MO
I opened Adobe Reader and do not see an option for PlanetPress Search. I believe we installed Planet Press Suite and then found we did not have Adobe installed on the server. Does that change things? Appreciate your help

#30061 - 10/30/09 03:16 PM Re: Planet Press Search
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jane,

What you need to do is to Repair the installation of PlanetPress - Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, PlanetPress Suite 7, Modify. Select Repair.

If that does not work, uninstall PlanetPress from the same place and reinstall it.

Hope this helps,
Eric.

#30062 - 11/02/09 03:55 PM Re: Planet Press Search
Daniel Offline
OL Guru

Loc: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Hello Jane,
The repair option will not do anyting good for you since PlanetPress Search was not already installed, you will need to uninstall and then re-install.

Also, if you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader you may need to enable the reader to load non-Adobe plug-ins (how to do that varies from version to version but look in the settings or preferences)

Hope this helps!