IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

These forums were permanently set to read-only mode on July 20, 2022. From that day onwards, no new posting or comment is allowed on the site, but the historical content remains intact and searchable.

A new location for posting questions about PlanetPress Suite is now available:

OL Learn - PlanetPress Classic (opens in new tab)

Topic Options
#30103 - 05/11/09 11:00 AM user defined font encoding
Lou Pace Offline
OL User

Loc: Bloomfield, New Jersey
Hi,

I have a document that uses a host based TT font with a user defined encoding. The customer has been using this doc in version 6 for a while and wants to upgrade to v7. When we print using this doc in v7, the form seems to ignore the user-defined encoding and the output looks bad. I'm running Production v7.00 and I have the form running in optimized postscript mode so the font info should be included in the output file to the printer, right?
Is there anything else that needs to be done?

thanks
Lou

#30104 - 05/11/09 11:35 AM Re: user defined font encoding
Lou Pace Offline
OL User

Loc: Bloomfield, New Jersey
Some additional info:
I was reminded today that a user defined encoding might need to be imported into v7 so I did that. No change, the document's output still ignores the character substitutions made in the user defined encoding table.

#30105 - 05/11/09 11:43 AM Re: user defined font encoding
Raphael Lalonde Lefebvre Offline
OL Expert

Loc: Objectif Lune Montreal
Lou,

Have you tried maybe creating a new style in v7, and rebuilding the user-defined encoding from scratch? There may be things that changed regarding fonts encoding in v7, so redoing the user-defined encoding could be a good idea.

Regards,
Rapha